The weekend will be hard

Hi everyone Chere again.

I don’t have much to share today but I wanted to check in. I woke up today feeling anxious about the weekend. The weekend for me has always been defined as a full blown binge party with no regrets.

This will be my first Friday in a very long long long time Im choosing not to drink.

Here’s to day 5

24 Likes

You’ll do great! :slight_smile: I have found in my last months of sobriety that I have been able to fill my weekends with wonderful memories that do not include alcohol. In fact, I would NOT have enjoyed the weekend memories if I HAD been drinking!!! Join us on Zoom tomorrow and it may help as well. Reach out if you need us!!!

7 Likes

You’re doing great! Plan some nice bits to get in. Nice things to eat and soft drinks. It really is so great how well you’re doing my friend. Go for a walk, take a nice bath or a hot shower and relax. One step at a time. We’re here for you. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Your doing great Chere. Friday is just another day. I know that’s easier said than done. But I use to drink a lot on days that ended in “Y”. You’re not drinking today. That’s all you need to be thinking about right now. And when you get through not drinking tonight you can be so proud of yourself that you didn’t drink on a Friday night. Get in some good exercise or a good power walk this afternoon or evening. Shower late in the day. A really long hot relaxing shower. And drink plenty of sparkling water or regular water. You’ll feel great tomorrow. It worked for me on my first weekend.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

I’m with you, my first Friday in a long time

We got this

5 Likes

This is usually the kick-off to my holiday drinking. Good sports and getting ready for the holidays. But need to do something different this time around. Day 4 for me, not sure if it’s anxiety or just PAWS, but haven’t slept well, and enjoying a wonderful headache today. Planning on treating myself to a lot of junk food and sports to push through to the next challenge… Thursday and family.

8 Likes

PIIIZZZAAA time!!! LOL!!!

4 Likes

Football without beer is a BIG challenge for me!!! :grimacing: But I made it through last night’s game and am stocked up on lots of NA beverages for the weekend so…feelin’ confident!! We got this!! :+1::football:

3 Likes

I fell into a rut where the weekends were all throughout the week. I don’t work outside the home and my partner has a rotating schedule. So his off days are weekends, the actual weekends are weekends. That made for pretty good (or not so good, as it turns out) excuses to drink…every day pretty much. :pensive: So now I gotta train my brain that each day is just the same as any other. One that I can and will get thru without alcohol. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Definitely got this $85 on beverage and snacks…no reason to leave the house

3 Likes

This is going to be an excellent first weekend, then!
Make sure that you have a plan for if things start to feel like too much. Maybe go for a walk until the desire to drink stops.
Be sure to have some sweet snacks. And some very tasty NA beverages around.
You can do this. Come here as often as you need to.

1 Like

Yeah the dog loves when I am getting sober… lots of walks. And usually different ones as we avoid the liquor stores on every other corner.

2 Likes

I lived downtown in my last house, so I had to avoid bars and gas stations. But since I had my dogs I couldn’t go in. They helped keep me on the up and up.

2 Likes

Stay strong, B. Fight through the habit. Come on here when you’re craving. I know you want it, fight for it. We’re all beside you!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Tonight’s Minnesota/Purdue game could’ve pushed me over the edge, since sparty got cancelled because of Maryland’s covid. :rofl::football:

2 Likes

You’re doing excellent Chere and already got a lot of cheering on here so I just want to add: no regrets?! Dude, I don’t really believe you’d be here if you never had regrets after your full blown binge party weekends (love the terminology btw made me almost spit out my coffee! :joy:)! What helps me if I ever find my self tempted and what helped me early on to realise I needed to stop is to play the tape forward to these regrets: I knew I could not have one glass cos it would not do anything for me and I’d end up full blown binge party way. Though I rarely had a party but you get my point. Play the tape forward in weak moments and otherwise full you time with enjoyable things and some good food, stay away from triggers. Wish you all the best and see you at the other end of this weekend! :muscle::facepunch:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for so much support! I love this community.

I did not drink yesterday. Today is another day. Im realizing its a bit harder today but I have made the choice to not drink today either.

Here’s to day 6

4 Likes

Today is a good day to be sober. Take it one minute at a time if you have to, that’s okay. And remember how freaking great you will feel waking up sober and regret free tomorrow.
:heart:

2 Likes

My TS timer is actually set to minutes😁

2 Likes

From what I can tell from your previous post, you seem like a very strong individual. I’m confident that you’ve got this. :purple_heart:

1 Like