THE withdrawals from Subxone after being on fentanyl

Hello, i dont attend support groups so I figured I would basically come on this site to explain my story and my recovery from addiction. I started doing fentanyl patches in November 2015… stopped occasionally and would do suboxone on the day I couldnt afford to get stoned. I LOVED the high… still do … but its a love/hate. In 2016 i realized I wanted to get clean… but I recieved a large sum of money from family and in the first month blew it and got stoned everyday

What a fuccckin waste… i then tried sticking to subxone and did. I was prescribed it by a doctor and was given 8mg. I didnt want to do that much since I knew it would be extremely hard to get off of it so I started cheeking them down the line… i saved up to 25 suboxone… only doing about 4mg at the time… i then started tapering down to 3mg… for 2 weeks… 2mgs for 2 weeks… 1 mg for 1 week… .5 mg for 1 week…
.25 mg for 1 week… .13mg for 1 week… the started skipping days… a sliver of sub on mondah… none tues…
Sliver weds

None Thursday… duri g this time I was very restless… only taking a sliver to keep the withdrawals at bay. After 2 weeka of skipping i decided to try going 48 hours… i failed but tried again a few days later and did it… i then tried 72 hours… and figured hey what the hell… may as well go 4 days… at this point i kept going.
If u want to quit suboxone do the taper… its the besr thing especially if u have shit to do and work and cant take time off… i work full time at a desk job… i work for the government. I was able to go to work everyday. I started my withdrawals on a tuesday and today is the following Tuesday.
This is how I felt.
No Sub
DAY 1: good… lethargic but good…thoughout the day. Evening ( tossed and turned, felt anxious)
DAY 2: very tired, lower back mildy sore…felt like I weight 300 pounds. (Worked out and that was when I had relief) bedtime… didnt sleep … restless legs kicked in
DAY 3: Very slow still, dozing off at work, no pain, stomach always hungry. BEDTIME: felt anxious…didnt sleep more then 3 hours…night sweats.
Day 4: same as day 3
Day 5: had 2 drinks and it brought my withdrawals i to over time and i felt super hungry all the time, back ached in the middle off and on, very very slow and uncomfortable. EVENING: Restless lega
DAY 6: same as day 5
DAY 7: just slight minor back aches, cold sweats at night and no sleep still
DAY 8: back achess now leaving, feing depressed abit, anxiety is not as bad, sweating still throughout day and night.
DAY 9… FEELING better … still fe like an insomniac…but I feel motivated to stay clean.

THE WITHDRAWALS WERE AT 6.5 BAD OUT OF 10 BEING REALLLY BAD. PLEASE TAPER… EXERCISE AND EAT FOOD U HAVE AN APPETITE FOR. IT WONT LAST THAT LONG AND U CAN GET THrU IT if positive

2 Likes

Thanks for repying… it really means alot. I am till aching and its day 10… i dont know how much further its gonna continue… im losing my mind… suboxone is no joke