Then why did I cry all the way home?

I came outta the grocery tonight on my way home from work and saw my little icon reminder. Then I proceeded to burst out in tears and thank God and lucky stars and all of you guys here all the way home. My first 30 days sober in 15 years with no valium or Vicodin as a replacement.

31 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Look at you gettin’ after it! Way 2 go!

2 Likes

Right on, MeMe. That’s something worth crying about! Keep at it. You
Are
Worth
It :fist:t3:

2 Likes

Awesome. Congrats!

2 Likes

that’s fantastic! keep at it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those are happy proud tears…and you deserve them.

2 Likes

The feeling I had was pure relief and joy!

1 Like

Thank you for yoir words of encouragement. Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve cried tears of joy? I can’t even remember, it’s been so long. It was a really cool feeling!

2 Likes

Tears of freedom. Keep fighting the good fight :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s pretty special. You are an inspiration to us all! Especially the newcomer:). Thanks for sharing pal

2 Likes

Yeah you know what you’re right. Part of it was remembering every other night I drove home from work filled with dread and knowing I would get drunk as soon as I got home. I do feel freedom from that now. Two months ago I never thought it could happen.

2 Likes

This is amazing!! Congratulations

2 Likes

Kudos to you! Not an easy task.
Much love.

1 Like

Ahhhhhhh this touched me ,I’m day 11 off heroin and pills,you should be so so proud of yourself.heres to another 30 days clean and sober, congratulations,.xx

2 Likes

Zombie thread back from the dead

2 Likes

I am thinking that few of us can use such reminders. Much love.

1 Like

Waiting for the first song. Got to be a cover. :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Look at you go! I know that feeling of relief…and it is such a gift. Congratulations!!!

@MoCatt
Feel free to swicth threads. Got to start some way…

1 Like