There has to be another way

To delete topics/threads. @Robin Every time someone deletes whatever they said, it brings it to the top of the forum, making it look current/active when it’s really not. This makes it difficult to navigate the forum, lol. Anyone else annoyed by this, or is it just me?

And no disrespect to people deleting. For confidentiality reasons, hey, do what you gotta do. :+1:

7 Likes

You can directly message robin.

2 Likes

I agree, 1. There should be an easier way to delete topics and 2. It would be fab if they didn’t appear as ‘new’ after deletions and 3. It is incredibly annoying.

5 Likes

Duh.

I put this out there because I know it’s not just me. I’m sure it’s JUST as annoying for someone having to comb through all their posts and delete everything.

As @SassyRocks just stated.

1 Like

Yup and people have already made posts about this

Users can’t delete topics. It’s just how this forum’s software runs.

Even if it could, I’m not sure that I would enable that. It opens the door to A LOT of trolling and “griefing”. Think of a forum troll coming online, posting a topic and just going crazy and attacking everyone. Then he deletes the topic. Nothing to flag or to see. He can do this repeatedly and get away with harassment much longer than he normally would be able to.

Anyway, back to the question. Topics will jump to the top if they are edited. If a user instead deletes one of his posts inside of the topic (post #3 out of 10 for example), it won’t jump to the top and that post will automatically disappear in 24 hours.

1 Like

I’ve changed the 24 hour period to 1 hour.

6 Likes

That might help. Thanks Robin. I’m so glad I made this awesome thread to address this, lol.

It’s just discouraging when you’re trying to read threads/discussions and there isn’t any new activity. Thanks for the quick response. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I actually did some testing, turns out I was wrong. Deleting a single post inside of a topic does jump it up to the top. I’m testing and making the posts go away instantly, so hopefully this will not make them go to the top.

7 Likes

@Elisabeth I love you for this! You too @Robin

Making this place better one topic at a time :blush:

4 Likes

I just hope the person is OK. Sending them love and prayers.

5 Likes

That’s the most important thing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the love! I agree. I love how we can create a new thread and give suggestions and speak directly to the moderator and he’s on it.

It’s so great being able to comment and contribute to making this forum a better and more user-friendly place without judgement!

6 Likes

Loving the love @Elisabeth great to have you back here :heart:

2 Likes

Right back at ya! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Nice to not have to see deleted topics come up on top of the list. Thank you @Robin for taking care of this, and @Elisabeth for addressing this.

1 Like

Oh nice! That hour change will help a lot. Thanks pal!

1 Like

It’s actually on 0 hours (immediately) now as a test run. I’ll keep it like that if it works well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Shooohoooot! Disappeared like magic! Thanks again

2 Likes

And it didn’t make the topic jump to the top :smiley:
Looks like it’s working as intended. Thanks for testing.

6 Likes