There's always tomorrow

I told myself last night I would start sobriety. I woke up this morning and of course, failed. This is bad. It’s effecting my mind and my body. I used to be beautiful. I have been blessed with being able to accomplish what I’ve done. But it’s been all with the help of drugs. I feel like I can’t do anything if I’m not taking something. Can’t miss work. Do it. I started over today, I hope this time it works. If I can just make a week ill be fine

4 Likes

This feeling is common. Partly it’s because our addictions make us think imbalance (the state of being high or using - being imbalanced) is helpful, or necessary. It’s not necessary, but it feels that way.

Get ready because in your early sobriety a lot of things are gonna feel different. It’s gonna be weird and your addict voice will be dancing around trying to convince you that you should use. It’s lying - it’s lying - but it will make a fuss, like a spoiled child.

Why can’t you miss work? What do you do?

Have you looked into recovery groups like www.NA.org, or something online, like Online meeting resources or https://virtual-na.org/?

Don’t give up. Make the call. Find people and ask for help, then take it one small step at a time. You can do it.

3 Likes

I pass the grave yard were theres guys there who thought that ill start tomorrow , Desire and effort can make the choice to drink or not easier and meetings help so maybe try one see how it goes wish you well

1 Like