Things aren't doing great lately

So as usual my depression, the voices and anxiety came back and things aren’t okay.
Even if I try not to I just want to drink something and just black out, basically I’m on the verge of tears and a mental breakdown, I need to drink cause I can’t deal with my emotions but there’s nothing to drink in my house and don’t know how to cope with this.

1 Like

Stay strong… Just remember how bad you actually feel after that drink. The guilt, shame, embarrassment ect. Just not worth the extra pain. Great idea to reach out and vent here instead. Read what others have said and done while experiencing the same emotions. We are all here for you!

I felt that way yesterday and pushed through and today I am so grateful I had the strength to do so. You know it won’t help to drink your emotions away. It will only be a temporary escape and you will then add to the list your disappointment in yourself for caving along with the physical crap that goes along with binge drinking. I am not saying anything you don’t know. Just think hard on it before you do anything you will regret. Call a friend. Message me. Post again. Read posts from others. Count your blessings. Bake a cake. Just don’t drink.

I’m so sorry you are feeling this way! Be kind to yourself and do some self-care, like a walk or a bath, or watching a fun movie. Please remember feelings pass and that drinking may feel better in the moment, but you will feel worse tomorrow. And if I am correct, you are so close to 30 days! I hope you won’t pick up that drink. Great job for coming here! :clap: :two_hearts:

1 Like

You are coping believe it or not bc not coping would mean you did have alcohol in the house and you would be drunk. Your name is very apt bc all them thoughts your having are also a mirage and you have the power to look right through them. Train the brain to find positives and ditch the negatives which is easier said than done to start with but with time and a little self awareness on your part the mind can be bent to your will, if you can believe something to be awful you can believe something to be manageable. Your sober right now, isn’t that wonderful.

1 Like

Dam I feel your pain haven’t had an urge up to now thank God. Stay strong hopefully you stay sober it gets hard from time to time but you got this

Stay strong! I relapsed and know I feel so fucking terrible, and it’s not worth it!!! you can do it uk? pls be strong!

1 Like

Hey, I’m right here with you. My anxiety and depression is at an all time low too. Tics and all have come back. I reached out to my doctor yesterday for support and to adjust my meds. And reached out to my friends and husband because I needed some time to rest and have people understand I wasn’t ok. I hope you can do something similar, ask for help. Alcohol will only make it ten times worse. I know this, you do too. It only numbs it for a little while and it comes back with a vengeance. Sending my love :two_hearts:

In order for your sobriety to work, you’ll have to find some other way to handle these feelings. I’m sure you already know this, but that’s a long term strategy and not helpful in the moment. For now try to find something that will take your mind off of whatever is going on to spur these feelings. Do something kind for yourself. What matters right now is your health and well-being.