Thinking about drinking…. :(

Been 141 days in, my partners isn’t as supportive as I would like for them to be. It’s been hard out here, I keep having dreams about drinking, and I started a new career path that is so scary. All these people make me feel small. I’m scared I’m going to relapse, I’m avoiding even stepping into a corner store for coffee.

10 Likes

Glad you’re here citychick. Welcome to Talking Sober. Hope you can find the support here that you feel is lacking right now. This sure is a great place for it.

Please know that the allure and pull of drinking now is all lies. Lies whispered to you by the addicted corner of your mind. In reality drinking won’t help you with anything at all. It would just put you down deeper into the hole.

Keep going. You’re doing much better than you think. Hang with us. We know the deal. Together we can do this. Big hugs and big congrats on your sober time lady :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Sounds like you have a lot to deal with at the moment. Changes in life can be scaring. Take it one day at a time, from minute to minute. Take a deep breathe. Take good care of yourself, be kind to yourself. 141 days are a solid number, keep going.

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 141 days and welcome to this great sober forum CityChick.
My partner drinks all the time. She was very supportive but she still going to drink. You’ve come way to far to throw it all away.

I spend a lot of time on here reading and being active. It took me awhile to really join in. But when I did this place kept me sober. Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.

Gratitude has been my strongest tool. I started off just writing a gratitude list Every. Single. Day. Right here. Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3 I have so much to be grateful for when I’m sober. When I’m not sober? I got nothing. I’m headed over there in a few minutes to write out my list and read everyone else’s gratitude. It works if you work it. I hope to see you around. Sober.

:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your kinds words, I’ve been doing my best I feel like it’s never enough! :pleading_face: I appreciate you responding to my post!!! :gift_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! A lot has been going on, this new career path is going to be a ride, all the other times I was loaded and now I’m not. I’m facing reality and I’ve never been so scared before. Thank you for responding to my post :gift_heart: :gift_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
It’s nice to have you with us :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

See I haven’t starting my day off with Gratitude, I’ve been really negative and sad since I started this new locations. Then I sink into these thoughts. Thank you for responding it’s been really hard and I appreciate it for your kinds words :gift_heart: :gift_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much :gift_heart:

1 Like

My pleasure :pray:t2::heart:
I’ve totally retrained my brain and can’t wait to list my gratitude in the morning now. It’s so important to me in my sobriety.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Welcome to the community here! For me drinking always made everything worse. My brain would lie to me and I would listen. Everything would get worse and I would feel horrible for adding drinking to my list of issues.

Sharing the urges help. A lot of inspiration and encouragement here!

You should be so proud you asked for help. So many people do not.

1 Like

Howdy maybe try a meeting they helped me wish you well

1 Like