This app is great

Just a quick post to see maybe its just me, but this app is helping me through sobriety more than my own friends and family have. Its helping me stay accountable and lets me give and receive help from people all over the place! Seriously a life saving platform.

Also feel free to message me on here if you ever need someone to talk to.

15 Likes

It’s not just you, this app is fantastic. It feels very different to talk to people who can relate to your feelings and support you and give you advice through their own experience and knowledge. Only other addicts will truly appreciate your milestones and celebrate them with you because they know the work it took to get there

3 Likes

Agree - sense of sharing and support that family and friends can’t and maybe shouldn’t need to have to give, not constantly anyway; they are too close to the strife/grief, however much they love us and are loved by us.

1 Like

I :100: agree with you. This app has done many things for me in addition to saving my life :heart:

1 Like

I spend more and more time in this app every day. It has helped me a lot. Has been a great help in my sobriety.

1 Like

This app has done so much for me…this forum especially.

HOWEVER, it wasn’t always so. My first time around this app was the ONLY thing I did and I ended up relapsing after just 2 weeks. Sadly so many posts about relapses with responses like “don’t worry, relapse is a part of recovery” gave me a feeling like it was okay to drink again. So I relapsed. Hey, it’s a part of recovery, right? Second time I decided I needed to work on the why’s of my drinking rather than just white knuckling it. I got lots of great advice here. I started working on a tool box. But I refused to get support in real life. This time I got to 90-something days and I faced a real challenge. I had no one to sit down with and really talk about it so I drank. THIS TIME…I finally took the most important advice that I ever received here. To get local, in person support. I got a therapist AND started AA meetings. I’m not saying that it has to be AA but you really should find a local support group. You NEED local people who know exactly what you are going through. Friends and family probably will never get it unless they are going through recovery themselves but this on-line support does have it’s limitations. Sober Time and Talking Sober are fantastic resources and I don’t know where I would be without them and the wonderful people here…but you might need more. If you do, go and get it.

6 Likes

Wonderfully said. Thank you as always for sharing!

1 Like

Very true also. Thats why im glad they have a feature now so that everyone whos currently getting high can all be in one place separated from the rest.

I agree! The internet is so filled with hate and negativity, this app is a hidden treasure.

This App is good . when i got sober there wasnt any internet only AA meetings , no mobile phones or Apps . times are a changing, keep on trucking

1 Like

This app has been my saving grace- even if I’ve been on and off since about 2017. I always know I can come here and find support!

I need to start going back to those. I relapsed last time because i stopped going. This app is great and all, but NA is a much more personal experience

1 Like