This is a massive leap for me

Welcome! Keep coming back here and keeping interacting with everyone. It has been my main support through my recovery. Even if I have not posted much, reading experiences and advice has been hugely helpful to me.

@Messyme1070 How are you doing, Jane?

I did rubbish, had a weekend with my husband to look forward to and he was stressed about something at work so drove the 17 miles to work to address it on MY DAY and left me cooking beef, feeling like I wasn’t important enough to warrant just a day… I know, it’s crazy, he didn’t do anything wrong, but I went to the shop in his absence (and I hate that I have 4 shops in throwing distance) and bought wine. Didn’t want it, didn’t need it but did it as a woe is me, I think I am finally realising that I am kicking out at everything in life that isn’t okay. I did 8 days and felt great and then my silly head thinks I can have a glass of wine… I can’t. Went to the 24hr garage at 3am to buy more. I wont to stop and can stop, but need to curb my panic button equalling booze x

Welcome to TS! Thank you for joining us. I am Jim, 41 my doc was booze as well. I have been in here since 2017. Had some false starts with sobriety. Finally 456 days ago something clicked I needed change. I have a 1 year old son, I’m overweight and booze wasn’t cutting it. As others have said, be strong, shake things up do things different. Read and post often. Take up hobbies… anything but booze! You CAN do this! We have your back, the people here will give you great support. The beauty is, there’s ALWAYS someone on here as it’s world wide.I love this place, it changed my life! It will do the same for you if you accept the gift of sobriety. Some people hit meetings, go to church… I don’t knock any of it, whatever works for you and keeps you sober. I wish you continued luck on your journey. Stay focused… Welcome to your new life!

1 Like

I want there, I really do. The difficult thing is changing my friends, they all have bars in their gardens and again that was my fault, had a summer house we turned into a bar and then they all did the same because they thought it was awesome, Dart board, bar, karaoke… me me me making life fun. Except for the fact they will have a bacon sandwich as a hang over cure and I will think how much I will have to drink to feel normal again. Shocking x

1 Like

You need to do things that might be hard at first but in the end they are SO worth it!

I never let my husband leave any access to money now, that was my first leap, but apparently I am silly pretty so can break him down when I extort alcohol funds. That I do need to address… as although my downfall is alcohol, my best friends was cocaine… and again her husband (before it got too much) couldn’t say no because she is gorgeous. She is now alone and he is happily re-married, he loves her still… but there is a point. I won’t keep him if I don’t sort this. Sober today, will be tomorrow… need someone to guide me through how shitty days don’t end in a glass x

3 Likes

I love you calling her a wine bitch. I can relate. My DOC is chardonnay and champagne. Taking it one day at a time.
Hugs

2 Likes

I actually can’t drink fizzy anything, what sounds bonkers, but I am a wine bitch but for years I have to make my champagne lets party girl xxxx

1 Like