This is a yes or no poll

Absolutely not! You are doing great…:grin:

I am taking dandelion root tincture and I know it contains alcohol as do some other herbal remedies. It does not bother me because its not like I am going to get drunk off it or look for another drink its purely for a liver cleanse. So No.

No!

But watch out. A really bad cold and some ignorance about NyQuil led to my last relapse. I learned the hard way that those types of medicine are off the table for me personally.

3 Likes

I was having a cold, several chronic pains and ran into stress-related insomnia a while back. I knew Nyquil Nighttime has significant amounts of alcohol (Way more than “trace”) but I had nothing else on hand for sleep and cough. I used it 3 nights in a row as directed. I now believe I was wrong to have done so (could have used tylenol and meditation and honey-lemon tea) but have decided that it is not a sobriety date reset, so long as I never do it again. Must remember I don’t need alcohol, ever.

3 Likes

Nope. Your all good in my eyes.

1 Like

No way :slightly_smiling_face: you’re still standing tall, in my opinion!

Big old nope.

And I’m with @Yoda-Stevie. A neti pot carefully used I’ve also found to be a much better alternative to decongestants to help avoid using OTCs like Nyquil when a full on cold is the issue. With, perhaps, something mild for aches.

2 Likes

Tumeric for aches. I take it every day.

So is tumeric good for post workout stuff? Like potassium?

capsaicin. My suggestion would be to begin by eating one fresh jalapeno a day and work your way up from there… in addition to the capsaicin supplements everyday and patches when needed.

2 Likes

Yes. Helps prevent DOMS, and joint pain

Not at all! No reason to worry.

1 Like

I gotta say that I actually like DOMS lol. Lets me know that I did something.

If you are someone who works out daily, and goes to a class or competes, or you are an occupational athlete like a cop, or military, DOMS is something to be avoided or minimized. I like feeling fatigued after a hard workout, but not so sore it affects mobility.

1 Like

Is NO a relapse

I would have to say no it’s not a relapse

No, it would not be a relapse.

Nope, an accident.

No way. Chill and relax