This is so hard

I’m almost on my 3rd day but I feel like going back. Besides I was only 2 days in

8 Likes

Dont do it, what is it that you feel like your missing out on? Will using really help with what your going through

8 Likes

It’s not worth it Honeycomb. It won’t make it better and you know it.

It will numb you. That’s all. It’s just numbness and silence. And loneliness. Our addictions just bury us in a hole.

You don’t have to run. You can face your life. What’s wrong? What made you stop and reach out for help here?

6 Likes

This is what addiction is like. The thing is, when you quit drinking/drugging, you have to get through this part of it. You’re almost 3 days in, that’s the hardest part. In a short time, the worst will be over, but only if you stay the course. If you turn back, you’ll be back in that hole, digging.

Maybe try finding an online meeting?

4 Likes

That doesn’t mean you have to give up, or that you holding on doesn’t matter. It does matter. You choosing not to drink or use, matters.

You choose life because you have a purpose. You choose your purpose.

Go to one of these. It will keep you safe:

Online meeting resources

2 Likes

I have heard people say that the third day is the hardest. IDK if that is true, but see if you can push through it. For me, day one was always the hardest.

3 Likes

How are you doing today?
Hope you pushed trough, if not try again. Never give up! Think upfront what you are going to do when cravings kick in, at least that helped me a lot! Go for a walk, work out, eat icecream, bingewatch Netflix. Whatever!
Ore come here to talk ore phone someone.
Distract yourself from the urge for drinking. Strip your house from all the alcohol so you do not have easy access to it. Etc.
Keep going, you can do it!! :facepunch:

4 Likes

Maybe try a meeting get new sober friends who you can phone when you feel down or shaky wish you well

4 Likes

Don’t do it , just keep focusing on what your initial goal was. <3

I was on Day 6 and then drank. Not much, but still. What is different for me this time is I now better understand why I drank. It was this encounter with another person and a perceived thought. Instead of addressing an unpleasant thought, I reached for a drink to numb the thought. I only say this as a possible alternative for you to keep going strong. Was there something that happened during the day to bring you to possibly drinking? If there was, maybe shining a light on it will help. Tag it and bag it. Most of my negative thoughts are 99% untrue. Just swirling around in my head. Good luck my friend. One day at a time.