This might be silly but

Sometimes girls are guilty that they are girls because men are better and smarter in every way…so they were told, and the girl feels bad because she was not the son that was wanted. So anyway, if you are a girl, you could tell us why you like being a girl. I think that would be nice.I like being a girl because I love dollies and Hello Kitty

2 Likes

I don’t think my parents wanted me to be a boy but girls weren’t prized as highly in my house of upbringing. That was handed down to my mother from her own Mom. She was taught that boys were more valuable because they brought others (wives and kids) into the house while you were just feeding and raising a girl so she could leave you to make a home elsewhere. Oddly the boy in her house of upbringing never brought a wife and kid into their house and instead suffered from crippling anxiety, while my Mom just grew up hungry (emotionally and physically). This was taught to me as if we lived in some remote agrarian farming community of yore and not the US in the 80s.

I like being a girl because I can put on mascara and people say “Wow you look great” like I have pulled a Superman/Clark Kent on them. I also like being able to be soft and not have my softness questioned. I also love the transformative feeling of putting on a dress or skirt to tackle my day. I also like to hike until I am covered in mud and sweat and to keep my nails short and not clean them right away after I’ve been gardening or camping. I also think farts in person are hysterically funny, not so in movies. The longer I stay sober the more I accept the paradox of my central me.

The hardest part of staying sober is learning to like yourself. Keep talking it out and keep practicing. 🩷🩷

1 Like