Those who need one, bring your own sugarcoat. This is how I made 500 Days

Thanks. You are the only one who does lol

That’s nice to hear :slight_smile: I hope it works well for you.

It is. It is indeed.

The 10 year old in me can still hear my Dad frustratingly shouting at me “Stop fucking about and get on with it!”

I think running out of fucks is key to finding new fucks to give :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Exactly… :joy::100:

1 Like

That last statement has me! I’ve seriously run our of fucks and have found new fucks. The new fucks are a million times better than the old fucks!

Seriously man, the initial post is spot on. I’ve never read a milestone post before that I agreed with more. Ever. As you probably know, I’m not in AA, but my list of steps is pretty identical to this. Yes, I still use the steps in my own way.

Keep it up!

5 Likes

you should write a book. I would totally read it. love the truth and the sarcasm

2 Likes

Your spirit animal must be a honey badger!

3 Likes

Much like my own :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Like like like

Body seems unclear in this sentence ignore

1 Like

@Meggers - Thankyou! Not being in AA either, I’m not surprised we have similar lists. Maybe we should collude and create our own fellowship. We’ll it “Motherfuckers Awareness”.

@Marie_Barnett - That’s very kind of you :slight_smile: Could be my Million dollar moment!

@DungeonMaster - My spirit animal is a honey badger. I thought that was obvious lol

4 Likes

Sign me up!

You’re co-owner; you already have a card

1 Like

Spot on and so true. Thanks for putting that out there.

2 Likes

Way to go! I remember when I was using heroin. I remember telling my now fiance that I didn’t see any problem with it. He, of course, thought that was crazy. He never used drugs. I still went to work, paid my bills, did what I was supposed to be doing… but I was numb to the world. And sick without dope. Worthless, actually. My simple life was pathetic and I was wasting $40/day, every day, and didn’t see a problem with it. I could’ve been traveling, making lasting memories, sharing joyful occasions with loved ones, but I was happy enough with my dope and waiting tables.
Now I’m clean from H since '08 and don’t miss it at all. But, I still take subutex so I’m not all that recovered, but I’m better, and I sometimes do better, I don’t shoot up, and best of all, somehow the Hep C I carelessly contracted cleared itself from my body, so that’s something. Hope you’re doing well this morning!

1 Like

I get what you are saying I am an asshole and I have been one yesterday to my daughter I was meant to be helping with my twin grandchildren’s home schooling but I can’t because I fucked up can you help me please try and get this right this time thankyou.

So, I wrote that on the morning of my 500th day sober last February. It was a beautiful day - I was in San Diego county at the time, very lovely.

Anyway; I relapsed 39 days later because I was full of shit. I just stopped 9 days ago. Trust me, I am the last person who can help you now.

I’d advise you speak to @Englishd @SassyRocks @Lionfish @Dejavu @CaptAZ @SinceIAwoke just to name a few. They know what they’re doing.

4 Likes

It starts with not picking up a drink today. Can you do that? I think you can.

1 Like

If you’re having trouble with not being able to avoid that first drink of the day, I can tell you Antabuse helped me to separate from alcohol for a while. And a structured recovery program, including counseling and AA helped me heal from being an asshole to those I held dear.

1 Like

Let’s just get it right today. All you have to do is not pick up a drink today. You can do that. We’ll worry about everything else when the time comes, right now, today is all that matters.

If you start feeling stress get to you, or feel anger get to you, take a time out. Find a quite place and just sit (I spent a lot of time alone in the bathroom). Sit until you feel the stress, the anger pass. It will only take a few moments, and you will feel a lot better. Then move on to the next moment.

You CAN do this!

2 Likes

I absolutely love this post! I found it very inspiring and full of truth with no bullshit!

Thanks. Yeah shame I didn’t continue to follow my own advice really

That’s a great post though, Josh. :hugs: