Thoughts on kava and kratom

Ive been sober from alcohol and substences for 46 days now. Everydays a challange but im overall feeling better. I used to drink kratom tea quite regulary and occasionally kava tea. I have recently had thoughts on using kratom or kava again. I have been contemplating this the past week or so and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it or even opinions. Im just curious on others views on it. Love and light -Casey

1 Like

Ive heard of kava tea although haven’t tried it… Kratom tea looks interesting… Im doing my research on both :slight_smile: ta

It all depends on you. Personally, I don’t see any issue with Kratom or Kava as herbal teas to help one relax. Now, if you start drinking it all day everyday then I’d say there’s reason for concern because it exhibits addictive behavior. Also, if you go to meetings, I would not bring it up in the meetings unless you’re really comfortable/close with the people you’re bringing it up with. I learned that the hard way with Suboxone and was told by a previous sponsor that my recovery is mine and I’m being prescribed the medication by a psychiatrist that specializes in addiction. Anyway, it comes down to you and what your recovery means to you. Personally, I see no problem with it and actually have some kratom on my desk right now, lol. Haven’t taken any in a while but I keep some on-hand.

1 Like

Dont go there it will lead back to ur doc. Too many friends i know did that. Some r GONE now. Please dont​:heart::heart:

Edit: NVM, you meant drug of choice.

Honestly, I’ve never seen someone go from Kratom tea back to their DOC. At least not at a higher rate than people do anyway.

Sorry. Im new to site. Meant to respond to someone asking bout kava and kratom. I dont believe its a good choice. If that wasnt u my mistake

I’ve tried both and have both in my tea cabinet at home. You actually can’t drink alcohol if you drink kava it will make you sick. Both have had zero addictive effects on me and I’m one of those highly addicted to everything kind of person. As long as you don’t become dependant on it I see no problem :blush:

Kratom will create a downward spiral, I mean it lowers your inhibitions which made me think doing daily or continued use long term wasn’t hurtful, since 2013 to now 2018 I’ve probably spent 5-10 thousand dollars, Kratom is basically a opiate anyone who says not and compares it to coffee should walk into a on coming car. When I first tried it I was mislead, way too young and oblivious to the real facts…I was maybe 17/18 and the withdraws were so so bad…find real ways to enjoy life without the need to put shit in your body…the fact that your looking into trying these two substances raises a red flag…

1 Like

I had stopped using alcohol for 2 weeks and started using kava. However, I ended up using kava more often and I think it had a negative effect on my liver.