Three days sober. Advice is welcome

Hello everyone. I am knew to this. I am three days sober and I am looking for some motivation, tips, advice to keep me going. I have to young children that are counting on me to kick this addiction. Thank you.

12 Likes

Really proud of you. Stay on here, use AA, you Need support groups. You can do it and reaching out is a huge step

3 Likes

Visit here frequently. read. theres a ton of good info here. Participate. You will make friends, and have people rooting for you. This helps alot.

I started spending my beer money on healthy hobbies. It make hard days alot easier.

your getting through the worse of the detox. youll be feeling better physically soon. Welcome! congrats! 3 days is a big deal! keep coming back!

3 Likes

Welcome to Sober Time, @Slick42. Congratulations on getting through the first 3 days, sober. That is no small accomplishment. I found that keeping your mind occupied the first few weeks, helped me out tremendously. I read, wrote, listened to YouTube and I started cleaning out my place from top to bottom. You can also take your kids out for walks to the playground more. Don’t focus on the negative right now, just focus on getting through each and every day so that when your mind and body starts to readjust itself, you get more of a grip on your sobriety.
Have patience, @Slick42 and speak your mind here when you have to. You’ll find everyone here, from all over the world will relate to you in some way. Welcome again!

3 Likes

Especially proud of you because you can’t be much older than 19. If I had a millionth of the wisdom that you do when I was your age, I’d have saved a lot of heartache, drama, end stress. You’re awesome, really.

1 Like

I’m almost 27 but I’ve had some pretty bad experiences already. I’m tired of letting my kids down so now it’s time to get right :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m seeing all the support already on this app. Thank you for the words.

1 Like

Hi and well done on 3 days that’s a great start ! You will soon feel so much better .
Read books on sobriety if you can , listen to podcasts casts on it , go for walks , anything to start new habits and especially come on here . It’s the first thing I do in a morning now , the gratitude thread is great and also the morning check ins and everyone is so friendly and helpful. Good luck ! X

4 Likes

Welcome Alicia.
Great start with the 3 days.

I find gratitude to be my best tool in my tool box. I do my gratitude list on here every morning for the last 481 mornings. Daily Gratitude List #2 With 2 children you must have a lot to be grateful for.

And I like the check in thread. Checking in daily to maintain focus #29
Nice thread to be accountable and get and give support and celebrate milestones whether it’s day 1 or day 1001.
Lots of great people on TS. This place works if you work it. And you’re worth it. I know your children are worth it.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Welcome! And well done on 3 days.
I’m 13 days in.

I’ve been spending these days trying to build habits and read as much as I can: This Naked Mind, Quit Like a Woman and Unexpected Joys of Being Sober.

I read around this app a lot. I check in on a morning before I get on wirh my day and fill I gratitudes before I sleep. It is a lovely supportive space. Best of luck and keep at it! X

2 Likes

Hi @Slick42, welcome! This place is amazing. It’s my main sobriety tool and I come here everyday. So much support and advice. Well done on 3 days, keep going, one step at a time. Be gentle with yourself. Your kids will love having you fully present and sober in their lives. It’s lovely to meet you and I look forward to seeing you around :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey 3 days, that’s fantastic. The first couple of weeks are hard. If you can find time to be gentle with yourself. Sleep if you need to ( if you can, 2 children can make it more awkward). Read, play music, listen to podcasts and don’t apologise for doing what you need to do for you. You’re with it. This forum is amazing. See you around. :herb::sunflower:

2 Likes

34 years ago I started in NA and Grateful

Just keep going don’t pick up not once. Listen to all the little clichés they mean the most to me, they are easiest to remember at first well and always actually. But that “one day at a time” the serenity prayer I said it about 15 times a day while I was in prison. You have these 3 days that are so hard to get hold onto them cherish them so many people in our world don’t get those 3 days. Just take it easy do the best you can whatever you need to do to stay sober. I say “thank you god” whenever I’m angry or stressed happy or board just thank you God your able to be alive to feel what you are and you know you know he’s with you he’s got you all planned out and we don’t have a clue but thank God he dose. You can do this. This is a hard journey ahead but there is so much good in it as well experiences you’d miss otherwise. LISTEN YOU CAN DO THIS just don’t use today you don’t have to worry about tomorrow just sayvto yourself I’m a badass I can make it till 4 when 4 comes if your still thinking about it say I’ll wait till 8 just keep going there’s no wrong way to stay sober. But actually be careful and think about what your doing after I got sober from alcohol and drugs I started shoplifting it turned into an addiction and although it could get you killed the odds are you’ll end up in prison yes they do send people to prison for shoplifting and in prison its not like jail your out date is not garentteed and it was awful it broke me. Leave it to an addict to make anything an addiction. Just be simple watch TV clean the house make the bed color just take it easy for now. You can do this
Love peace and best wishes always
Sierra