Three Years and a Day

This happened yesterday!

Of course I’ve reeped the benefits of not drinking. The list is LONG! But talking with a sober friend yesterday I shared that after 3 years, the biggest benefit is that I am no longer a liar. When drinking, so much of my time was lived in a lie. Lies to myself that I could handle it, lies to my family, my coworkers…pretty much everyone I came in contact with. The lie was me pretending that I wasn’t a drinker. I would say that to people. My adult sons…my Mom…my husband (boyfriend back then). It hurts me to know they knew, and felt powerless to do a darned thing. I knew very early into my drinking career that began many years ago, that alcohol was poison to me. But, basically living that lie was killing me faster than the alcohol. So, yeah…I fib now and again…but never about drinking. Three years. Not one drop.

And I did it and continue to do it by coming here every day. I’m a one finger typist and my phone’s voice recognition is lousy. So, although I occasionally share a thought or two, mainly my presence is reading. The good and the bad as both help. If you want to stop feeding your addiction, whatever it may be, hang out here. Do other things if you must, to help you get and stay sober. But this place was it for me.

I don’t know why I chose March 5th. But I’m glad I did.

35 Likes

Hell yeah @Mbwoman !!!

Huge congrats to you on 3 years! :birthday: :balloon: :partying_face: :tada: And a day, of course! :smile:

Here’s to life well-lived, free of booze and lies.
Thank you so much for sharing your milestone and your journey.
Onward! :wink: :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 3 years and 1 day. So very happy for you and your new healthy lie free life. :sparkling_heart::people_hugging: So much to be proud of. :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thanks @M-be-free49 and @SassyRocks! Shows to go…you can make a difference in your life…and stop the madness. I feel such relief. Complacent? No, but more comfortable every day.

5 Likes

That’s so wonderful. I really appreciate the sentiments you shared in your post, thanks for sharing and for being a part of TS! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Thanks, Rosa. I see you went back to work. I hope that is working out well for you!

2 Likes

I did! It is working out well, thank you. Still early days but plenty of potential.

2 Likes

I’m happy to hear that! And I’m looking to be done. LOL! May 2025. 50 years is long enough.

2 Likes

Woooooohooooooo!!! Congratulations!!

4 Likes

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

2 Likes

Huge Congratulations !!!
:tada::slightly_smiling_face::tada:+1

2 Likes

Oh, this is such an inspiration to me! Sincerest congratulations to you!:confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

2 Likes

Congrats! I am so glad I saw this!! :hugs: :muscle:

I asked AI (Chat GPT) to create an image to represent three trips around the sun, sober. This is what AI had to say.

Congratulations on your incredible milestone of three years sober! That’s a significant achievement, symbolizing strength, growth, and commitment to your well-being. If you’re marking this occasion or reflecting on the journey, remember that every step you’ve taken is a testament to your resilience and dedication to a healthier life. Celebrations can be personal and meaningful, ranging from a quiet moment of gratitude to sharing your achievement with loved ones.

I’ve created two widescreen illustrations to celebrate your friend’s three years of sobriety. Each one captures a serene and hopeful dawn, symbolizing her journey and the new beginnings ahead. These images reflect the strength, grace, and beauty of her achievement.

7 Likes

Congrats on 3 years!
71ba2a707307da48788989ee0003206c969f643322d6a3db16290e6bcd053533.0_141909354712842

4 Likes

Glad I didn’t miss out on this one!
3 whole years, awesome!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
Congratulations!!
:facepunch:

3 Likes

Woo hoo! Congratulations on 3 years @Mbwoman! :tada:
Sorry, I’m so late to your party but it’s a good excuse for us to keep the celebration going because you’re worth it.

1 Like

Amazing, i am so happy for you :heart: :people_hugging:

1 Like

Congrats @Mbwoman keep leading the way!

@JasonFisher these images are so profound and beutiful, thanks for sharing

2 Likes

@JasonFisher … Jason, I am speechless. What a wonderful gift. I immediately made that beautiful picture my background. And the message is so special. I copied it down and will read it often. Thank you for your kindness!

3 Likes

Thank you sober friends for taking the time to wish me well. I can’t believe it has been 3 years!! Life is wonderful (mostly!) when sober!

3 Likes