Threw 23 days away but trying again

Iv been drinking lots of green tea with lemon, and chamomile tea in the evenings.
Trying to eat healthy which is going well most of the time, cant see any results from it yet though.
Yes keep your mind busy.

1 Like

Trying to keep it busy! Another busy day. It’s always by the time I get home I am super lethargic and bleh. Hope that eases up soon. If I’m in the mood I’ll paint my miniatures or play video games. Currently struggling with possibly a new job and if it’s the right choice or not given my new sobriety yet my mental health is just scrapping by. My current job is stressful and I feel like I’m just barely scrapping by with no motivation. New opportunity has more pay, more restrictions and not as much room for forgiveness.

Not sure what I have the energy for tonight. Still sober today is day 2

1 Like

Keep going. Get up and keep going were all going to fall a couple of times. I definitely have but the point is to have the strength to keep going I had to restart and on day 13 . We support each other here. You’re not alone. I take care of things when sober and even keep my place clean since I’m very into organization and cleanliness but not when I’m drinking. And I have a sweet bunny and I k ow it affects her because I’m just in bed trying to cure my horrible hangovers . So I tell myself that she needs me and she’s even happier and happy when I’m sober. Day 1 is the beginning so just keep going :metal:

2 Likes

You didn’t throw it away. Sobriety isnt measured on time but on the quality of your sobriety.

I went out and got loaded a bunch of times around 90 days. 50 days. You name it. I kept banging at the door. Listened.

Im a few weeks away from a year sober. You can do this.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support guys. Still hanging in there. Now I just need to get through the weekend!

2 Likes

Hi,
Glad to hear your staying strong!

I have the last day of my intuitive recover course, its for 3 hours, it has helped me alot.
I may start going to face to face AA meetings… i wont get too far ahead of myself but im going to go to one and see how it goes, i usually only use the online ones.

.ake a plan for yourself for the weekend,
Plan stuff you can do to keep busy, if your exhausted from work all week plan how you can relax and also plan for if you get a craving or angry or upset maybe ?
So you can see if anything helps and twesk the plan as you go along finding what helps and what doesnt.

You go this :+1::hugs:

1 Like

Hey!
Congrats ! You’ll do just fine. I did some AA meetings in the past but it drove me more nuts so I am trying a different approach for myself. What is your plans for the weekend?

I definitely made a plan for the weekend and I am excited for it. Hike in the morning tomorrow , sober Halloween party in the evening and a hockey game on sunday.

Off to bed early as I am pooped!

1 Like

Well i had planned to have a lovely relaxed weekend and binge watch the tv and take the dog for a nice walk , but 7:30 am this morning i found out i have a gas leak!!, so just waiting to find out how they will fix this situation.
And im so calm about it where as before id had to have a drink to calm my nerves with strangers in the house fixing it, and id be so stressed.

Also i woke up to water dripping from upstairs flat into mine through the ligjt bulb but im coping well.

Have a lovely weekend and your doing great too!!
Slowly life gets better and we begin to be in control of our mind and life much better !!

1 Like

It’s really strange to have feelings now! Everything becomes more stressful and unmanageableish.

I’ve survived hallows eve and skipped the party. Hockey tonight and video games because I actually feel like playing something! Today marks 6 days sober.

How is your day going today?? I appreciate checking in with you haha!

1 Like

Day 6 !! :grin: thats brilliant if feels good doesnt it.

Yes all the feeling and emotions i used to just block out with a bottle or a few of wine.

Iv had such a relaxing day just watching films, Marvels in time line order :rofl:.
Keeps me busy there 2 hours each film !!

Glad your weekend is busy and you still going strong,
It is nice to check in with you too, keeps my mind grounded and helps me not slip into old thought patterens.

1 Like

I love your honesty! You got this and I believe in you!!!

2 Likes

Hi how are you doing ?
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Pick yourself back up and get to a meeting! Do you have a sponsor. I was a chronic relapser and I feel like I had to go through each relapse to make me stronger and I eventually realized I was powerless and I finally tapped out and now I have an amazing sober life. Im 6-months-sober. If you need to talk I’m here!

1 Like