Time goes by so slow in the beginning

When I firts started out here time seemed to stand still so I started counting the minutes I was sober it was so frustrating then eventually I got thru my first day so I kept counting 1 day and 1 minute and a week past then I started counting in days hehe 1 week and 1 day…now I am at 49 days and sometimes I forget to look how long I am sober…the lesson in this story is “baby shoes never loose” it doesnt matter how small step you take forward just keep moving forward you will get there…take Dory’s advice …

8 Likes

I was just thinking the other day how slow this seemed. Hearing others talk about 6 months or 100 days I thought “that’s forever from now”. But I keep trying to remind myself that once those people were where I am now. I just have to take it day by day.

3 Likes

Its the best thing we can do!! Day by day minute by minute !!! Second by second even!!!

1 Like

Soooo true. I’ll check my timer and be like, that’s it?? Lol I think therein lies the importance of keeping ourselves busy. It’s definitely a moment by moment type of thing, but I’m trying not to be obsessive about it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I JUST WROTE SOMETHING SIMILAR AS A NOTE TO MYSELF!

The days have just been numbers. I think that life should not only be spent counting days sober but soberly making the days count! Although every day sober is a milestone (today is 8) I think my greatest milestone will come when I’ve become at peace with abstaining and forget to count how long its been.

Thank you for this

1 Like

Hehehe I know exactly what you mean …in the beginning when someone made it to 100 days it seemed so far away for me but now I actually think I am going to make it…but I must say the milestones of this app really pushes you to hold on!!!

1 Like

I think its true that once you have made peace with your past and identified the reason for your addiction and moved on it doesn’t matter anymore how long sober you are…because that itself is one big milestone that is the hardest part of getting sober

1 Like

AMEN!!! YES! That is how I feel exactly !

1 Like

Just keep swimming hahaha

my change in 49 days!!!

5 Likes

AWESOME!!! Keep up the good and inspiring work!

1 Like

That is an amazing change…! Wow

1 Like