Time is Now

So… I have been through a lot since the last time I used this community just over 2 years ago.

Perhaps ‘used’ is not really the right choice of word… let’s say, it’s been just over 2 years since I’ve reached out to this community.

It’s now 22:57 and I’ve been sleeping all day after arriving home just before 07:30. Safe to say it’s a bit late to tackle any resemblance of yet another day I’ve let slip through the cracks into a realm of which is now beyond my control.

All I feel now is guilt. I was, prior to the present moment, one month meth free.

The last time I saw this community, or even thought this was a good idea, meaning, getting off the gear, a good idea, I had a full time job and couple of people who were willing to help me battle with my shadow.

Since my last visit I, quit my ‘real’ job, to focus all my attention on my full time drug dealing career, which, lasted the best part of 3-4 years before it was cut short by a couple of bad decisions to trust someone in the same line of work.

… Currently I am unemployed, on bail, after being arrested just before Christmas 2022…

I want to believe, really, that for Meth. I’m done. It’s the only substance I have had a big problem with, as in, like, after that first hit. Rraaarahhh. …2-7 days later, spent all profits, look like a ghost, feel alone like death. Rinse and repeat.

The lack of motivation, low self-esteem/confidence, self doubt is very real.

…If anyone has tips to help, I’m an open book.

7 Likes

That shit will kill you. My dad did meth his entire adult life, he just recently died at 74. He had terminal brain cancer stage 4. Let me tell you I think it was the meth, let me also tell you, you dont want to die like that. Smarten up, get clean and stay there. That craving you are having should be filled with good food and exercise :pray:

7 Likes

Just wanted to tell you that I know how ur feeling.I just got out of prison in october.I’m 32 no kids and the only bad egg of my family. But I relapsed recently and I’m feeling so guilty cuz I’m doing really good. On the right path.after I got high and coming down I thought omg whatg did I just do. I’ve met people that have done it though. Which inspires me. A friend I used to shoot up drugs with and sell and busted out windows when shit didn’t go our way and when people didn’t pay up. Well let me tell you that now that same girl is that person who sells houses and had a few babies got married and is a sponsori cried when I found out how much she turned her life around.how beautiful and amazing it is when one of us addicts and alcoholics decide to be happy and live life to the fullest.if u really want this then you got this. Good luck man

2 Likes

Welcome back! :sunflower:
I have no advice as my DOC is alcohol but I know there are a couple of threads discussing coming off of meth with lots of sharings how to cope and stay clean & sober.
You can use the search function above to look up keywords like meth, sobriety, etc.
Take it one day at a time and feed yourself healthy :tea: :people_hugging:

1 Like