Time on my hands again

I’ve been sober 18 days. Through this whole Covid thing my company says work from home if you don’t go out in the field. That got me into impatient detox. Drank morning, noon, and night. Today is the first day I’ve been been home all day since. I dusted off the gym in the basement and have been working out again. I know I can do this…

8 Likes

The gym has been one of the biggest parts of my sobriety. Keeps you busy, gives you another reason not to drink (can’t workout if you’re drunk or hungover) and it really brings back your self esteem.

1 Like

Online meetings are nice too. I’ve attended them at lunch on work days. I figure if I was wasting time with my addiction before I can afford to invest time in my sobriety now.

There’s one just about any time of day:
Online meeting resources

Take care & remember: you’re a worthy person, a good person, and you have permission to do anything safe and legal, to maintain your sobriety (and that includes creating sobriety meeting time in your schedule).

2 Likes

It sounds like you have a solid plan. I don’t think I could of managed this last year without my gym. Good work! :+1: