Time to come back

Even tho I still read a bit here every day I’ve been pretty silent for a while. Tbh I fell off at the beginning of quarantine, March 25th(after only 1 1/2 weeks without meetings, work, school, and the gym). I dont do well without a schedule and am having a hard time making my own. The longest stretch I’ve had since then was 3 days but I ruined that on Monday. Every time I fall is worse than the last. I’ve sprained my ankle. I’m covered in scrapes and bruises. I’ve physically hurt my bf (which was part of the original reason I stopped in November). If I keep this up, I’ll wake up one morning and he wont be here, and I wont know why.

I thought I was going to be fine. I was going on 5 months. I should have started an immediate plan in the beginning of all this. I honestly didnt think it would last this long. And now they’ve canceled school completely for the rest of the year. I havent heard from my job but since we’re a restaurant/banquet club I’m sure we wont be allowed to open for some time. On the bright side of that, NY has upped unemployment so my bf and I are making twice as much per week as we would be if we were working so we’ve both been able to save a great deal of money finally. Hoping to be able to move by the end of the summer.

I was able to keep sober my first 2 months with this app alone before I tried meetings. And even tho they changed my life, I know its possible again. I’ve started reading again. Listening to speaker meetings on YouTube. I downloaded Zoom but havent tried it yet. I just have to stay strong. I know I have it in me. Just feeling a bit defeated. Thanks to all who’ve helped me in the past and are still here and to anyone else who’s read this :heart:

12 Likes

Hi Laura, you’re always welcome :innocent: Pick yourself up and get back into it. Probably some lessons to learn here about creating a sober routine for yourself, including some meetings. It’s good you downloaded Zoom - check out some of the online options here:
Online meeting resources

You deserve to be healthy and sober and have a life that you love. You can do it. Welcome back Laura!

3 Likes

I’m so happy to see you bk don’t beat ysself girl I slipped a week ago but only lasted24 hrs for me thank fuck like you I’ve had 5 months I retreated in myself I stopped reaching out and got completely in my head,I hope you can find the strength to pull through as it’s hell out there .DM if you need to chat

1 Like

Welcome back Laura,
Sorry to hear you are in rough waters, but I hope you try zoom. Heared good things about it!!

1 Like

Well Welcome back!!! Glad to have you back. lets rock those sober numbers again and get them back to where you left off… A scheduled can be hard if you have lots of free time. Honestly just make stuff up start somewhere if thats a thing you are struggling with. write down your daily chores or tasks then fill in the spots with positive productive things you like doing or maybe something new you want to try then hit repeat!!!. change it up once in awhile but you get the drift. you got this!!!

1 Like

It’s you again, didn’t I see you like last month, Just kidding lol. Ask yourself one question how bad do you want to be sober and stay sober. I think everyone has that choice, I believe everyone has it in them to stay sober, I truly can see everyone doing it, it just comes down to how bad you want it, put it like this you are not used to saving money but you want this car that you saw and man you want that car it’s beautiful in your eyes. You want that car so bad that you end up saving money to get it when you weren’t use to saving money before, if you get it great i hope you do just remember how bad do you want it, stay safe and sober.

1 Like