Time to pick myself back up

Do you know the name of the app that offers online sobriety meetings?

1 Like

Sorry, but I just spent 30 minutes writing my believing heart sentiments to this app. A notification popped up on my phone. I swiped it away and I lost everything that I had written. That sucks because I really needed to say what I was saying.

I guess what I was trying to say in many more paragraphs than this was I was sober for 3 weeks, a broke because my mom came to town and I can’t be around her, how do others deal with family members that are alcoholic pieces of crap? And what do I do to get back on the wagon. I’m not drunk right now, only because I consumed all the alcohol in my house several hours ago and the liquor stores are now closed where I live.

6 Likes

Immediately I feel bad for my new topic of this post. To be fair though, I’m a computer programmer and I know how to write code that will save what you’re typing as you type it as a draft. So that if something pops up on your screen or if you have to swipe for any reason you don’t lose what you wrote and I feel as if this app needs that feature. I will help if I can if anyone that is an app developer for the software is listening. Love you all. Thank you for listening to me or aunt

7 Likes

It’s OK. Sometimes we just gave to unload.

Is sounds like your ready to become sober. What are your thoughts on that

2 Likes

Do you know the name of the app everyone recommends on here for online meetings?

1 Like

Are you sure it got deleted, i see another by you.

3 Likes

If anyone can talk right now, please tell me you’re phone number and I will talk to you. I swear to God I’m a real person. This is not a bot

1 Like

Hello,

I am sorry that your post got lost and the frustration that came up from this.

The app is called in the rooms.

I remember when my mother came visiting me 4 years ago and I fell off the wagon as well. I had to learn at lot at this time understanding that my drinking wouldn’t change a tiny bit in our relationship. There is still so much work to do in our relationship, mostly from my side as I cannot change her. Boundaries need to be set up and kept up.

What stuck me a bit in your description was the notion of alcoholic pieces of crap. That makes me sad. I think I was one of them and I am grateful I could evolve from this stage to face life on life’s terms.

Btw, you or we as moderators can change the title of this thread as I am not sure if the title fits the topic. :sunflower:

8 Likes
3 Likes

Well, you got my attention. :wink:
It’s when we have so much we want to unload that stupid little things like a glitch on our phone wipes our thoughts away and sends us into a fit. This is life and a lot of us have been through where you are right now: pissed at family, unable to control our feelings so we drink. It’s time you tell yourself why you got sober in the first place and hang on to those thoughts no matter how tough it gets.
I better post this before I lose it because I’m feeling pretty good right now & I don’t want to get mad.

5 Likes

This app also saves drafts. If you look in your profile, you might find what you typed in Drafts?

Stick around and take things one minute, hour, or day at a time, k? I’ve never read of anyone regretting getting sober, no matter what length of time. :orange_heart:

6 Likes

I’m glad that you’re here. I’m sorry that you lost what you wrote that’s really frustrating. And yes it happens. Often times on this app except I don’t use the app I use the safari browser on my iPhone, but often I think I’ve lost some thing and if I just look around a little bit usually I can find it usually it’s out there waiting for me somewhere. Can’t guarantee that’s 100% but I do know that sometimes when I think I’ve lost something I can find it.
But you did a good job of rewriting everything that you had to rewrite and I’m glad that you’re here and I hope that everything will work out the best for you.

I’m sorry you lost your three weeks. If your mother is what triggered you the best thing to do is not be around her until you get more stable in your sobriety. If that’s possible. Because yes being around people drinking is very much triggering. Sometimes it can’t be avoided.

I hope that you’re able to start over a day at a time and get yourself sober.

The help and the support is here for you.

1 Like

You do what you did to start with. You go back to those beginning methods and tools that you had to do your day one and then your day two And then your day three and on. Think back about what helped you and what was your system for not drinking and put that on repeat.
Again there’s lots of support here for you. Also in the in the rooms

1 Like

I suggest you change the title of the thread

5 Likes

Hey man. Families are hard. Go back to the drawing board and start at the start.

Pick three resources and stick with them. Resources for our recovery
After a few weeks, mix and match.

Stay accountable and active on here: Checking in daily to maintain focus #56

Be active on here, read read read.

The intherooms app was already mentioned.

Good luck!

7 Likes

I challenge your reason because you sound a lot like me. I did the bottle shuffle game- the refilling, rebuying to hide how much I was drinking. I said the same thing about drinking to release the pressure, to relax, to deal with toxic family, but the truth was I drank the way I did because I am an alcoholic. It had nothing to do with stress, anxiety, fitting in, or mom. It was 100% because I am an alcoholic. The rest of it was just excuse after excuse I told myself to stay drunk.

4 Likes

I’m truly sorry for what I originally said. It wasn’t lost. I just obviously even as a quote" super awesome programmer" don’t know how to use the internet haha. Thank you for merging these topics and I did change the subject. Really appreciate the support everyone has here. Forgiveness is not something I’m used to in my life and it’s comforting to have it here

4 Likes

Thanks, I needed to hear that.

Credit goes to @Dan531 .

It’s okay. I am still learning on not immediately exploding, reacting. Process. Baby steps. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

How are you doing @Hello? I thought about you when I updated the sober time app and took a look at the new enhancements. You mentioned you lost your writing and I assume it was in the journal section. Well, the developer of this app, @Robin takes feedback very seriously. With this new update, your writings will never be lost again. Journal entries now have the ability to auto save as drafts. You can read more about it here:

4 Likes