Sober Time 4.0.84-6 : A few new features

Hi Talking Sober community,

I’ve added a few small (but hopefully useful) features into the latest version of Sober Time.

Statistics: Day table

The statistics page has a new tab, Day table, that is a simple visualization of each day since you've been sober. It works like the rest of the statistics page and can be filtered to one or more addictions using the filter button in the top-right.

All it does is show you a table with the date for each day, starting at Day 0. Over the course of the years I’ve had plenty of emails or messages from users complaining that Sober Time is calculating their days incorrectly. Excluding the extremely rare bugs, 99.99% of the time it’s because the user had a set number of days in their head and doesn’t agree with Sober Time’s calculation. I’ve tried different ways to explain the calculation, but I’ve found that the simplest way is to simply set up a quick Excel spreadsheet with each day and date. This feature is similar and helps you understand each day. Here’s how it looks:
It’s a clear and simple breakdown, but it’s also useful for seeing what day you were on at any given date. Tapping a row will also open the journal entry for that day.

Journal: Layout options

The journal's calendar starts each week on Sunday. That's not always correct everywhere in the world, or it might just not be your preference. People have been asking me to include an option to make it start on a Monday. I did a bit of extra work and added the option to let you choose any day to start your week.

Additionally, I added the option to switch the day labels between Single letter (S) and Brief (Sun).

Both of these options can be found in the journal settings (top-right). Here’s an example of a journal that starts each week on Wednesday and uses the Brief day style.

Journal: Drafts

The journal is now more robust and will protect you from losing your journal entries. Journaling can take time, and when your phone dies, or you're otherwise interrupted, the last thing you want is to have to start over.

The journal will automatically store your text as a draft every few seconds. It will also store your draft whenever you exit a new journal entry without saving. You’ll see a message like this:
You can tap Clear to discard the draft.

The next time you start a new journal entry, your draft will be restored.
You can tap Undo to clear it too.

Lastly, you’ll be asked to confirm if you want to discard or save your changes when you are editing any existing entry.

That’s it, feel free to ask any questions.

21 Likes

Please let us know when this will be available in the Apple Store, thank you!

1 Like

It will be available to everyone, Android and iOS, in a few days.

4 Likes

Pretty darn cool. Thank you for everything you do.

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay everyone, but Sober Time’s latest version is now available on both Google Play and Apple’s App Store.

6 Likes

The updates are amazing! I particularly like the day table. Having the ability to go back and see how I rated certain days is really cool. Most experience something we like to call “milestone malady” and now I can see those patterns in myself when I look back at my history.
I appreciate all that you’ve done and continue to do!

6 Likes

Glad you like it :slight_smile:

4 Likes