To end my world of misery

Am having a huge battle kick starting my sobriety. I really feel irritated of myself after am using but I’d still go back to it. Deep down am strongly willing to end this chapter of misery in my life.

4 Likes

Hi James,I’m sorry your feeling deflated ATM,I was like you saying today is the day ,or tomorrow will be better,I did this for a very long time ,but one thing I didn’t do was loose HOPE stick with it .

1 Like

Thanks a lot Lilemm, will keeping hold on strong but you something my main problem starts when cash gets into my hands then all hell break loose :pensive::pensive::pensive:

1 Like

I totally get you when I first got clean money day was always a massive trigger but once you get thru that first payday clean you will become stronger I promise you that push thru miracles do happen

1 Like

The first 72 hours are a big battle. Medical supervision is suggested for some people. One minute, one hour, one day at a time is how I stopped. If my ass who would drink at a minimum 16 beers every single day can quit, so can you! Show up, do the next right thing and put the work in. Good luck, we’re here to help.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Lilemm we seem to have similar experiences. Am looking forward to my next payday, the outcome that day determines my future.

Appreciate the advice and support. I shall put it in work at my own ends. Thanks once more

1 Like

I was just like you. For about 3 years I actively kept trying to quit with no success. Now I’m almost 6 months sober. What was different this time is I asked for help. I got a therapist, I was brutally honest with them (I always lied to Drs before). I started going to meetings. I got vivitrol injections each month. I had to completely swallow my pride and dig in. I feel so thankful to myself for doing this!