Today I made a decision

After so many Half ass Attempts to get clean and sober. I Woke up this morning and I am ready. Today is my first day at life. No more Nonsense about me getting clean. I have been doing everything to kill myself. I realize now, I want to live. I want to be sane I want to be clean and sober. Today is the first day of my new life. I can use all the support and guidance that I can get.

45 Likes

Welcome back. I wish you well on your sobriety journey

3 Likes

Welcome back! Get busy living and get busy being active here!!

3 Likes

Desire is huge!!
The desire to overcome our addiction and the strength to reach out for support is the best way to start.
I wish you well on your journey.
Every morning i start my day on here!! This forum has helped me stay on track and has blessed me with so many new tools to guide my healing.
I have reached 33 days clean with the help of everyone here. Lots of insight, great ideas and nothing but love and support when im having tough days.
One day, one hour ONE SECOND at a time.

8 Likes

Best advice I can give you is stick around here. Every time you get an urge, come back here and read the stories of those who have already walked the path we’re walking, or those on the path with us. Be active, get involved. Build the foundations.

6 Likes

Congratulations! Today is my first day also. I have had many failed attempts. Hoping this will be my last. Just keep trying

5 Likes

Welcome back Printz! Im glad ur here again :slight_smile:

Good Morning. Its day two for me I am thinking about the act of using but I have not and will not pick up.

3 Likes

Good morning. I am feeling good. I have 4 of my Grandchildren with me and they are into everything. Ages 4,3,2 and 1. Yup energetic and demanding of Pop pops attention. My day three is really going well.

4 Likes

Keep going and enjoy the grand kids!

2 Likes

Welcome back. It’s good to have you here

1 Like

Congratulations remember its one minute at a time. Keep going getting clean was the best thing for my life. Remember you are cared for so keep it going.

1 Like

I know that feeling. I knew I wanted to be sober but I didn’t really want to stop drinking. Then one day it clicked. I wanted nothing to do with alcohol anymore. I’m now at 4.5 years sober.

It won’t be easy…it never is easy…but it will be much easier with this resolve!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

5 Likes

You will not regret this decision. 🫶🏻

2 Likes

Thank you much. Its been six days now and Im going thru it. But hanging tough.

5 Likes

I had desires too. Then I started drinking with the hopes of not waking up. Finally on 2/12 I put a .45 to my head pulled the trigger out of then, desperation. By Devine intervention or me being a shitty shot I missed. I have gotten professional help and take meds to help me. Today I’m over 90 days sober. I will pray for you that you are successful at your desire.

4 Likes

I have the same aged grand babies living with me. Good luck.

Many including me have tried more than once - but your here & the ag ha moment has to happen…. You will !!!