Today Is my 1st day of sobriety

Today is the day. I started drinking after 6 years sober back in 2015 and been drinking ever since. I am ready to be sober. I’m here for accountability and support. Looking forward to being here and getting sober with others who struggle.

25 Likes

Welcome here, loads of support here :heart:
Hope to see you around often it helps to be here much.

1 Like

Hi, read the post of all of us. We do understand you :dancer:

1 Like

Welcome Lori Ann! Congrats on choosing sobriety again. You’ve done it before so you know what to expect. We’re all here to support you and I encourage you to engage often.

1 Like

Welcome. Pretty new myself. This place is great. Keep up your spirits. Hang in there.
Dan

2 Likes

Welcome, Lori Ann! I’m so glad you found us and look forward to hearing more from you. Just today, go to bed sober.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Welcome! I am new here too.

1 Like

Welcome! This place is a great first step!

1 Like

So glad you came back. I know of many who haven’t, and likely you do too. So, nothing to to it but to do it. Let’s do this walk together!

Welcome @Loribug5821 so happy you found this forum. You have a great community here…reach out and read as much as you can, and know your never truly alone.

The road to sobriety is not necessarily easy, but it a road worth traveling, and the destination is 1000 times better than where we were.

You’re worth this fight…stay the course!

Wishing you health and blessings.

:blush::raised_hands:t2::sun_with_face::ocean:

Hi Lori, welcome :pray:.

@Loribug5821, welcome! The great thing about your story is that you did it before. 6 years sober is something to be proud of. You can do it again.

1 Like

Thank you. I am so grateful I found this app on my first day of sobriety!

2 Likes

I was grateful too…still am! :purple_heart:

If you put the work in there the results will be evident. I’m not perfect still have my struggles, but I am growing and moving towards a better version of myself…you will too, and will walk with you!

1 Like

And what a great day it is! Congrats on your new journey. Plus you have the history that you can do this! Whoot :star_struck:

1 Like

Well done on day one!! Glad you found us all. Shout if you need anything! :+1:

1 Like

Welcome it’s nice to meet you! Drink plenty of water. That’s the good stuff!

1 Like

Thank you :grinning:

Today is day 1 for me too. I went 13 days and then couldn’t handle the pain in my heart and used so I’m back to day 1. It’s been a tough day for sure.

1 Like