Today is my day 1. Again

Today is day 1 again, I am feeling just in pain my insides hurt and I’ve felt nauseous all day. I hope tomorrow is better! I need to do this for my kids and myself, I want to break the cycle of alcoholism.

14 Likes

If I were you I would print out what you just posted and tape it to your mirror. Or somewhere that you would see it every single day.

In the beginning, when you have tough days, remind yourself why. Try to remember exactly how you feel today so you can avoid doing it again.

You can and should do this for YOU, your kids,
and to break the cycle of alcoholism.

13 Likes

Thank you! I will do that!

2 Likes

I listened to hundreds of hours of sobriety podcasts in my earlier days and they helped me. 90 in 90 for AA helps people, smart recovery helps people, this site helps people. No matter what platforms you choose to help keep you sober… go all in, like obsessively all in.

I wish you well, and welcome :pray:.

6 Likes

I have been on day one many times. Don’t beat yourself up. It’s a tough battle. But you have come to the right place, with advise, love and support. Something I do is if I feel a urge I just come get on here, look for something relevant and start reading and reaching out. It consumes my mind for a bit some I am not stuck on that I need a drink phase and I am also getting love support and learning to cope other way outside of here. I am here for you and we are happy your here with us.

5 Likes

Its my Day 1 again aswell.

3 Likes

Stay safe, have food , and anything you crave to eat just eat,. Get some support, try meetings, we’ve all been there where you are. Push through.youre worth so much more :rainbow::pray::rainbow:

2 Likes

I log in most days and look at ‘motivation and meditation’ thread by @Butch…not sure how to link it here but here’s a thought for today from his thread :star2::heart::star2:

1 Like

Your never alone with a 24 hour marathon zoom meeting.

2 Likes

It is hard. I’ve had a relapse tonight. But tomorrow will be better.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, day 2 just about down… last time I made it 4 days but I’m feeling very motivated. Thanks for all the support!

3 Likes

Well done on your 2 days… Amazing :grin:. You’re worth it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like