Today makes 1 year clean

I have been clean for a year today. I never thought the one year milestone would be so hard. Ive been having daily cravings and dreams of using were I even almost feel high. Its a lot to deal with but were celebrating with ribs, scalloped potatos, corn and carvel icecream cake. My partner is being discharged from a mental health facilities so thats another great surprise gift. Their one year was on Monday, the 23rd.
Ive never made it this far in my recovery. I always ended up relapsing around one month clean every single time I tried so eventually I gave up. I didn’t try for any reason seriously until I wanted a future. Honestly I was only clean for a short while after a relapse moving in with my partner and I haven’t used since. Ive been completely clean off them, though I can’t say it hasn’t been hard. I even hit up one of my dealers and set up a meet about 2 weeks ago but ended up calling off when I thought about the kids we want to have and the house we wanna get with the dogs and cats. I’m doing this for us. Its no longer just me on the line.

24 Likes

6 Likes

Congratulations on your 1 year clean. You are awesome!! You put the hard work into it and here you are. I’m so happy for you.
Congratulations again.
:pray:t2::heart:
Must have cake to go with that ice cream.

3 Likes

Congratulations on a huge milestone! Enjoy your special day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations! 1 year is a huge triumph!

2 Likes

Well done, sounds like a feast, is my invite in the mail? :rofl::rofl:

It’s never just us, someone always cares, being sober helps us see that more clearly.

Keep getting them days

2 Likes

Thanks man so much, hope youre doing well.

2 Likes

Big congrats! A full year for you both, that’s an incredible feat. And yes, we are in this together. In the end we can’t do it alone. We do it for connection and for a better life. Very happy for you C-ty.

1 Like

Congratulations! Keep the prize in mind and you will get there!

1 Like

What a journey you’ve had to get here!
Fantastic work.

CONGRATULATIONS!

unnamed

1 Like

AMAZING JOB!!! Congrats on your one year!!! :tada::confetti_ball::heart:

1 Like

Well done, that’s a big achievement!! :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:

1 Like

Congratulations! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

One year is huge!!! Congratulations to both of you❤️.

@Tryingover
Good afternoon. I just read your post for the first time and I’m thinking you should be looking at 18 months at the end of this month (February).
How are you?

1 Like