Today was a major hurdle

Today was a major fight for me…. I felt that day 1 would be the hardest but in all reality day 2 have topped it. Today I was very irritable and nauseated. Concentrating was pretty hard as well. I managed to make it through the day without picking up and god willing I will continue moving forward into tomorrow sober and ready to continue my fight.

21 Likes

Well done. Each day will get a little easier. Some days just seem harder, but then a good day happens. You will start to notice how much better you feel, and it will make you happy. Good on you for choosing not to drink today :muscle: wish you well

7 Likes

Yep day 2 was always the hardest. Think I was still slightly drunk on day 1.

It is still going to take some time. I was shaking. Sweating. Etc. I was very concerned that I would never recover. Stick with it no matter how hard it gets dont drink it does get better!!!

5 Likes

Thank you so much …. I am sticking in there and look forward to the day I can not feel how I’m feeling now… although sobriety is a life long deal. I will only go day by day.

7 Likes

Your doing amazing, it does get easier congrats on your 2 days :fireworks:

2 Likes

I check messages from you guys daily and you have no idea how much strength I get just from hearing your encouraging words and being reminded that I am not alone. Thank you guys so much once again…. such a blessing to be here.

10 Likes

You did it! You never have to have another day 2 if you don’t want to. Well done!

4 Likes

Stay strong and keep going

1 Like

Congratulations on day 2! One day at a time with community helps so much more! I am glad that you are here!

1 Like

We have all been there and remember just how much that encouragement helped us during our dark times. It still does. So glad you are here and checking in. It does get better, but first it is hard. You can do this.

2 Likes