Todays feelings

Sober a little over 2 months and I thought by now that I would have lost at least a pound , but nothing . I’m extremely frustrated because this was one of the reasons why I wanted to quit . I’m only about 25 pounds heavier than my goal weight . Any advice ?

5 Likes

I’m not much of a sweets person at all, and I’ve been a lot more active since I’m not sitting around getting drunk anymore . I just don’t get it

2 Likes

I appreciate the advice , I think your right

1 Like

What is working a program 23 hours mean?

1 Like

Give it time, our bodies need time to get back in balance, im almost 3 months sober and its only with walking an hour+ the past 2 weeks and being mindful of what i am eating im seeing the weight drop off.
Everyones body is different and if you have any other health issues that may make a difference too.
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I agree im making sure im getting 10,000 +steps each day and doing intermittent fasting, researching the keto atm so i get it right, and am only eating healthy foods as possible.
And since making these changes i can see a big difference.

2 Likes

Oh I see , yeah I’m not in any program just quit and downloaded this app, I’m on day 65. I work part time and have two little ones so I’m barely getting 7,000 steps in a day but I’m always running around with my head cut off , I’m to exhausted mentally to stop and take a walk , after working, running errands and cooking lol

2 Likes

Congrats on your 2 plus months.
When I started my sober journey I found this app and the Noom app. Noom.com instead of drinking at dinner I learned and counted calories and kept track of it all on the Noom app. I lost 40-50 pounds.

We also have a thread some of us use to check in on.

Good luck on your journey.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

I didn’t lose any weight or even try until I hit 3-4 months sober. At that point, I started using MyFitnessPal app to track calories, walked 4 miles a day and started Pilates. 40 pounds came off pretty quickly. I averaged around 2 pounds lost per week. Once you start losing, the motivation builds on itself. Sobriety comes first.

1 Like