Todays feelings

Sober a little over 2 months and I thought by now that I would have lost at least a pound , but nothing . I’m extremely frustrated because this was one of the reasons why I wanted to quit . I’m only about 25 pounds heavier than my goal weight . Any advice ?

5 Likes

I’m not much of a sweets person at all, and I’ve been a lot more active since I’m not sitting around getting drunk anymore . I just don’t get it

2 Likes

I appreciate the advice , I think your right

1 Like

Keto, 10,000 steps a day walked outside listening to books on tape, and chiropractic care to fix myself from the center out is how I have lost my weight. In August I was obese and now my BMI is 22. I have a lot of work to do with being happy with how it all hangs but as far as it feels? It feels worth it. I am glad I spent that time and money investing in myself. You got a lot of time on your hands in early sobriety. When you’re not working a program (about 23 painful hours a day if memory serves) killing a few hours walking and listening to drama that was not mine would have been a good use of my time and I’m sorry I didn’t do it until my 4th sober year.

What is working a program 23 hours mean?

1 Like

Lol, Oh, yeah. Those would be the hours outside of an AA meeting or whatever program you choose to work. Lots of sleeplessness so I counted them all. In my early journals there are amusing computations of how many hours a week I had to try and fill. I couldn’t even subtract 8*7 hours a week from the total because I couldn’t sleep. It takes me approximately 2 hours to walk 10,000 steps, which is about 5 miles. This would have helped a lot with the sleeplessness and restlessness common in the first 90 days or so.

2 Likes

Give it time, our bodies need time to get back in balance, im almost 3 months sober and its only with walking an hour+ the past 2 weeks and being mindful of what i am eating im seeing the weight drop off.
Everyones body is different and if you have any other health issues that may make a difference too.
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I agree im making sure im getting 10,000 +steps each day and doing intermittent fasting, researching the keto atm so i get it right, and am only eating healthy foods as possible.
And since making these changes i can see a big difference.

2 Likes

Oh I see , yeah I’m not in any program just quit and downloaded this app, I’m on day 65. I work part time and have two little ones so I’m barely getting 7,000 steps in a day but I’m always running around with my head cut off , I’m to exhausted mentally to stop and take a walk , after working, running errands and cooking lol

2 Likes

The keto is a little extreme. I probably could have gotten away with low carb if I had more time to spare but I was in training for my life and I knew I’d be doing a lot of walking before I could get a car here. And I was just so big that parenting my kids was hard. I only had a few months to get to a stronger me.

Imo, the most important part wad the chiropractor. I spent 2 months walking in the day and pushing my toddler in the stroller. Infuriating because I think I gained weight and sweat like a pig because it was june and july in the southern usa. It wasn’t until I could get my nervous system to chill out that any of it started to work because I wasted a lot of time being scattered and just in survival mode. After reading The Miracle Morning (info in my personal description on this site), I claimed the hours between 4am and 6am for myself and walked with audio books. Suddenly, I could plan my day better because I could think about it in peace. It was easier to go to sleep earlier. And my cortisol levels were much better managed. This helped a lot with anxiety and the circular issues that come with being late, rushing. And then making it all worse because I had to make choices in my parenting or planning that I got to consider for only a few minutes and with not enough rest.

1 Like

Congrats on your 2 plus months.
When I started my sober journey I found this app and the Noom app. Noom.com instead of drinking at dinner I learned and counted calories and kept track of it all on the Noom app. I lost 40-50 pounds.

We also have a thread some of us use to check in on.

Good luck on your journey.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

I hear ya. It isn’t easy to put yourself first. Everything that relied on me to function functioned better when I put myself first. I just had to schedule it and do it. It was hard but after about a week it was easier to just do it.

1 Like

Heck yeah! That’s like a whole preschooler!

Keto isnt the only option, @Ylangylang. Its just what worked for me. Lots of bodies, lots of ways.

2 Likes

I didn’t lose any weight or even try until I hit 3-4 months sober. At that point, I started using MyFitnessPal app to track calories, walked 4 miles a day and started Pilates. 40 pounds came off pretty quickly. I averaged around 2 pounds lost per week. Once you start losing, the motivation builds on itself. Sobriety comes first.

1 Like