Tomorrow is the day

Well, tomorrow is the day. 6 years since my son passed away. I’ve been ok so far. I had an AA meeting monday, I went to an NA meeting tonight, and tomorrow I’m going to an AA meeting before work and after as well, meeting with sponser, and then going to an NA meeting. So tomorrow I’m trying to stay as busy as possible with recovery stuff. Any support you guys can throw my way would be great, some encouraging words or pics, your stories, any advice. Whatever you can.

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss! I will keep you in my thoughts. And stay busy and focused on anything but the pain. You can make it through. The alcohol will only wreck your progress.

I’m sorry for your loss. I lost my father 3.5 years ago and I know that’s when my drinking started getting worse slowly but surely. It’s hard to face such pain sometimes. Congrats on taking the steps to get the support you need on this very tough day.

My heart goes out to you; I can’t imagine what going through a loss like that would be like. I took a look at your profile and I can see that you’re an incredibly strong person, who’s committed to recovery. Your commitment to being clean and sober makes you an amazing role model to those around you. Keep taking steps toward being the man your son would want his father to be. You’re in my thoughts and you have my support.

Do me a favour - find a healthy way practice self-compassion this week. You deserve it. <3

I can’t even imagine your pain, my heart goes out to you too. I wish you keep this incredible strength not only for tomorrow, but always. Be well my friend!

I hope you are doing the best you can today. It seems like you did the right thing with all the meetings. Praying for you!

Sorry for your loss man. I’ll be praying for you. :pray:t3: