Tonight is night 30 for me. I beat the triggers but not the depression

Trigger warning.

I was at a football party this evening in the neighborhood. Normally I would have been quite a few beers in with the rest of them, but I stayed sober and drank pepsi.

It was not as difficult as I thought it would be, but it was hard seeing everyone drinking around me. Harder than I thought it would be I guess. But I just kept reminding myself that if I started I might end up embarrassing myself.

I have definitely been feeling some post vacation blues since we got home on Friday. I immediately had work issues come up right when I walked in the door, which has always been triggering for me.

I have occasional situational depression and anxiety which triggers my drinking. I am starting to realize that my career is one of the biggest triggers for my depression and anxiety.

I don’t know what to do really to cope with my stressors better. I’ve tried working out. I drink hot tea. Maybe I need to get back into some hobbies that I can do from home or something?

I don’t know… I just know I have been getting depressed about life in general lately, and I used alcohol to put a blanket over the depression. I don’t want to go back down the antidepressants road again because I had a bad experience with them in the past and it was a looong road to recovering back to my old self again.

1 Like

Great job on staying strong at the football gig! But Pepsi, really? :wink: Keep being the healthy and happy you!

1 Like

Ha! I know right? They didn’t have Coca-Cola. Shameful :joy: