Too much beer

So i drink a lot of beer. But I work in a really stressful environment.
The kind of environment where i could lose my certs if something were to go wrong.
My entire day is spent putting out fires for either crew or pax…
I live in the grey area of life- where we can do things that are legal but may not be prudent. On the otherside people pay a good dollar to get the job done…
Anyways tdlr, drink too much beer, and need anotherway to calm down
Thank you for any advice

Are you trying to cut down or sober up. Do you believe you have a drinking problem?

I dunno, maybe?
A cut down would be good.
TBH still consider beer something to do to pass the time - a relaxtion in response to a hellish 14 hr day.
Though i will admit that relaxtion is becoming more common…

Does the beer make your life better or worse?

Both I suppose

I’m not sure that both is really the answer. Why would you be on a sobriety app if it made your life better?

2 Likes

A great question. I’ve been here for a while. Its the first time I’ve joined up for the community. Been trying to use the tracker on my own but its not been working- the reset button is easy to push.
I suppose I think there is a problem hence why I’m here posting?

A beer to pass the time… I remember those days.

Recovery has helped me realise that I wasn’t passing time, I was losing time with those beers. There’s much better ways to pass time, try finding them.

What seems daunting and impossible right now is worth putting some hard work in. You can discover a whole new and much better way of life. I would say it’s far better than I ever could have imagined, when drinking I didn’t even know it existed.

4 Likes

What does beer give you that sobriety doesn’t? An easy quick fix, but it’s degenerative and it will not just kill you but it’ll make bad shit in your life become common place happenings that you learn to accept and live with.

To get sober, you’re gonna have to really want it bud. It’s not as easy as the quick escape. I’d suggest a plan of action as they have helped a lot of people. Things like SMART recovery, AA, IOP groups based on addiction and run by a counselor with a history of addiction. If it were as easy as I want to stop, then simply put this app would not exist.

Visit here often, read, search, relate. Become part of the sober community. Welcome to a better life man, the choice always begins and ends with you.

3 Likes

Stress is actually A LOT easier to handle sober. The bitch is learning the right way to cope, which takes time, conversation, research and most of all practice. We’re all here to learn how to handle our lives without substance. Why? Because that’s what the rest of the non-addicted world does. It may seem like drinking to reduce stress is “how it’s done”, but it’s not. It’s glorified in movies and TV where people drink constantly and yet never deal with the consequences…give sobriety a shot, even for 90 days and see what happens. You might be surprised. It’s the best thing I have ever done for myself. Kick it around. Have a great week.

3 Likes