Too Much To Handle

Day 18 and going strong. I dont need to drink and don’t want to, but I think back to how numb it used to make me and I could go for that without the drinks. ugh. my wife has moved on. she has a man in mind. She plans on moving an hour away to be with him. We were married for 6 years and have 3 kids. This is all just happening really fast and im losing hold of my sanity.

8 Likes

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I’m glad you can come here and vent. My heart aches for you, dear… you’re doing ok though. Stay strong, cry in the shower if you have to. It’s all gonna be ok.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

4 Likes

I’m sorry Danny. That’s a hard pill to swallow. My heart breaks for you and your kids. Stay strong and know we’re all here for you. Sending you big hugs. :hugs: :heart:

3 Likes

Hey Danny I just got done going through a similar situation and I know it’s f***ing excruciating bro. Please hang in there and don’t drink. It will only make things worse. I’m totally here for you, you can message me if you want to talk off the thread. You’re in my prayers brother stay strong. I’m not sure what time zone you’re in but I’m in California, Pacific Time. I just took my meds that knock me out but I’ll be available first thing in the morning. Try and get some rest Danny I’ll talk to you tomorrow :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

Hi Danny. I would like to share with you something that happened in my life and it has to do with the “bigger picture.” After 17 years of marriage. 20 together, my husband checked out of the family. Four sons(no more kids, we agreed) house, three cars, etc. I thought my world was falling apart. Talk about drowning out my sorrows with booze. It didn’t bother him, he wanted a party. But it was the end and my heart was dying. Two years later, God blessed me with the most amazing daughter ever :heart: Remember I had four sons. Had our marriage not fallen apart, I would have NEVER had my baby girl. Good trade I think :wink: Then, later on I found out how MANY affairs he had! So, here’s the lesson, when someone says “give it to God”,do it. Put it in his hands (or whoever your higher being is) because there’s a bigger picture and you’re only seeing a snippet. It doesn’t make sense right now and it hurts, I know luv. But trust that there’s meaning behind all of this. You’ll look back and understand later. I know this doesn’t take the pain away and it doesn’t fix anything for you. But, hopefully faith and trust will help you get through this. It sounds like you got the alcohol part handled but now you have to handle your heart. Big big hugs :heart::hugs:

5 Likes

I had 4 kids, 20 yrs of marriage and heaven knows how many sacrifices I made for my family unit. Only thing I got from the marriage was 4 beautiful kids, scarred heart and Divorce paperwork.

Right now, it seriously sucks… I totally get it! This is and will be some serious soul searching on your part. Discover who you are, and what you want your goals to be moving forward? It’s very easy to fall in to self-pity and despair. Concentrate on making a better version of you; not only for yourself but for your kids that absolutely need you!

Find some serious hobbies; fishing, cycling, gym, education, volunteerism, fill in the _______. Find something that makes you proud! God was always there for me for forgiveness, understanding and even better help me find who He wants me to be.

Leave the X alone: show who you are by how you treat your kids and how you better yourself.

As for alcohol or any other substance, it will only make the situation more difficult. Alcohol pushes your emotions down to the very bottom of your priority list. Every time you drink right now you will rip off the scab of this event. You will continue to live through the agony. You will never even begin to heal until you can process all these raw emotions sober. Even worse, drag all this pain in to a new relationship.

Don’t drink, brother. Unfortunately. The only cure right now is time, and you moving forward in a positive manner.

PM me, if you need anything.

Just keep moving.

5 Likes

Ugh, thanks for the kind words guys. This whole thing is just too fresh to figure out any set goals right now.

I dont plan on drinking anymore so there is that. Im currently living @ my brothers house. He is a 5 yr marine who took psychology classes so he’s been giving me Therapy based conversations that have been helpful. Im hoping to get my own place for me and the kiddos when they come over. Its just getting there I have to really think about.

4 Likes

Hang in there brother. Life sometimes is weird and takes you in a weird path. Don’t give in or give up. Take it one day at a time stay positive and you’ll see how your life will change for the better.

2 Likes

@Ravikamor I needed to hear that as well thank you for sharing!

1 Like

@Rockstar24777 you betcha :wink: This is why we are all here. Anytime :heart::heart::heart:

Heck yeah :metal:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like