Tools for sobriety

I have been working through my sobriety for 11 months as of tomorrow, and yes the highs are high and the lows are low. I am just curious of peoples tools that they are using to stay sober? I am just intimidated for AA.

3 Likes

Thoughtfulness, logic, and self love.

3 Likes

You could perhaps look at the principles of what AA offers? I donโ€™t do AA but my own program is closely related to theirs. I have a higher power that I look to for guidance.
I admitted I was powerless, step one.
Another thing I did was change my mindset very early on. I no longer am a drinker.
I donโ€™t need alcohol to live my life anymore.

3 Likes

@undercoverkuscheltie @Jerdun SMART have some excellent tools https://www.smartrecovery.org/alcohol-abuse/

They have a book of tools and I have found these really useful to work through.

Their website and community are also useful. I use both here and SMART - I am also part of a local SMART group mixed gender and a womanโ€™s group.

Hope this helps

4 Likes

Lots of options here - Resources for our recovery

Also I believe intherooms.com is the place to go for online AA meetings, if you wanted to just watch or listen, no need to have your camera on or speak!

I have recently started going to my local Recovery Dharma online meetings but this forum is the main thing that has helped me get and stay sober so far. Read lots, read some more, keep checking in and reach out whenever you need to :pray: :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

My tools are in person AA meetings, this app, intherooms.com and an app called 12 step toolkit.

2 Likes

To a hammer, everything is a nail!!

1 Like