Toxic Father

We got into a argument because he was calling me a liar and so now he called up my bf to talk trash about me I’m so pissed off rn I just wanna use unhealthy coping but I’m tryna stay sober I’m so upset rn I’m so fucking done with this I need to move out or some shit I don’t even have a fucking room here and he’s ducking abusive Both physically and mentally

2 Likes

That’s a tough spot to be in Naomi. I am sorry it’s so hard for you now. Family members can be tough to face at times.

Can you take a walk, get out of the house for a bit? Or maybe listen to some recovery podcasts:
Resources for our recovery

One of my fave things to listen to when Im going through pain is one of the talks by Melli O’Brien:

https://insighttimer.com/melliobrien/guided-meditations/self-compassion-meditation-2

Try to find a space today where you have some calm. Take it one minute at a time. Keep checking in here Naomi. You’re a good person and you deserve a safe, sober life where you can be your full self.

How you getting on @Nao? I had a shitty dad too. It can be very intense.

2 Likes

I’m not allowed to leave the house unattended because he is worried I will meet a my bf or move out again I’m 19 years old and I still have to deal with this🙃

It’s okay I talked to him today. We didn’t fight because he was gone most of the day

1 Like

This sermon gave me the courage to walk away from someone who had been mentally abusing me for years. He was very good at it. He made me believe he was doing me a favor by employing me. No, I was doing him the favor because he was really stupid and I did all if the work in an insurance office.

1 Like

Oh man that’s a hard spot to be in. It must be really making you feel boxed in :confused:

I been there I have toxic parents as well, at 18 I also had a toxic GF who my parents loved,

I didn’t have anywhere to turn. So I joined the military to get away, part of me wanted to do that but I was hoping that it was gonna fix it, toxic GF would leave, I would get my chance at freedom etc. It didn’t work, when I came home I was unemployed and pushed into moving in with said toxic GF it took me 10 years to get out.

If I knew what I know now, there is so many healthier options to get out of the toxic environment and maintain sobriety. Your 19 you have a whole life ahead of you. Dont be afraid to reach out here to find a solution, there is tons of wisdom here

2 Likes