Trauma bonding

Been emotionally, verbelly abused to the point its soul crushing by my wife for7 years I started self coping with drugs then got hooked. Meth pills. I changed 360 from back then. I tried to escape but would come back cause I’m bonded with my jailer any advice? Im going insane and very unstable I’m scar3e of what might happen.

3 Likes

Did u end up using ? Were u going insane?

I can relate. I’m doing EMDR counseling that is very helpful. Wish you the best. Was with my ex for 8years. Finally got out.

1 Like

Ty for all your support and insight

I am in the process of divorce from a very emotionally abusive man. Someone used the word narcissist. That speaks to me and I, too, have been questioning my sanity as a result of the methods of control used by my soon-to-be ex. While this divorce has been unfolding, I am also working to release myself from the grips of alcohol. I am 39 days since my last drink. To be honest, the last 39 days have been some of the worst from a stress perspective. I feel like I am being tested and I am staying true to my sobriety goal. I finally hit a point where I had to fully admit all points of disfunction in my life and dig deep for the strength to get well. It is 't easy. I cry a lot. I am alone a lot. However, I know it is what I need to be doing and will be rewarded for my strength as the life I want and deserve will evolve. Be honest with yourself about what you really want and try to not let fear be your driving force. Work toward progress; whatever that means to you in your gut.

1 Like

No she doesnt even she she has a problem . And she cant apologize. Her tongue Is as the devils it’s the foulest shit i ever heard

Perfect. I need to leave and not come back 0 contact so I can begin therapy from belittling me and esteem rebuilding. Then I gotta do 12 steps program . I gotta exercise , eat right, sleep. Stay busy find new hobbies. It will only get better.

3 Likes

She had crossed the line one time to often as a human being with a heart. I have to only think about me and help others as u have here today. Small victories add up

1 Like

Hi @Becsta. I am going to look up the Grey Rock Method. Also, to those in a similar situation, Dr. Les Carter is a podcast resource on youtube for narcissism. Be well everyone!

1 Like

I dont have kids with mine thank the lord but imma checking the rock

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Ty ty I will continue to come absorb what I can and need . I have the tools the will and the chance

3 Likes

@ImpulseX don’t try alone, look for support: 12 steps groups, therapy, counselors, coaches, Church groups or others. You don’t need to be alone with this pain

2 Likes

Yes I found the place just now its 1 month temporary but clean far. I ll start looking and soon as get In june 1st. I have to lie to her about it because she would maybe try to kill the idea

2 Likes

Yes now she has no money for the rent and I left. I think that’s good enough revenge, any ideas? Does one truly deserves it but I leave vengeance up to god and he will repay!!!

Whoever u are thank you from the bottom of my soul. You came thru with solid advice and it’s all good. The revenge will come with my climbing out of the pit and one day she ll see me years from now. She had me thinking I was the weak one. No I’m stronger I lived in hell for along time and still here and still hopeful. She is just empty. The animals my cat her dog always come to me lol sleep with me .