Traveling Sober

Bradford on Avon, BA

Cheddar Gorge

Glastonbury tor

17 Likes

That looks fantastic. I love your rolling hills
Do I see Billy goats? Or do y’all have a cute name for them?

Love the tea room and Chedda Gorge.

We honeymooned in Blewberry. Google says it’s about 2 hours east. South of Oxford.
Saw the White Horse in Oxfordshire.
Thanks for the memories
Keep ‘em coming.

4 Likes

These are beautiful, so quintessentially English too :grin: Love the goat photo bombing!

4 Likes

lovely pictures – thanks for sharing :heart:

2 Likes

Haha they are special feral goats… They are really silly.

I love that area you had your honey moon in, I assume you did the Chilterns and Cotswolds? Beautiful. We camp a lot in the Chilterns as it’s just 45-60 minutes from our home, straight out on the M4. It’s such a lovely area and ideally where I would live near /Berkshire. But it’s very pricey so I’m going to settle on Wiltshire one day…

Some pretties for you

Herstmonceux castle.

Somerset area, can’t remember…

Long Mynd, Shropshire

Wild ponies on the Looking Mynd

16 Likes

Big D skyline

@Alisa
@Runningfree

12 Likes

I think it looks better at night.

Still a pretty view. I’m grateful :innocent:

10 Likes

This is my first long distance trip I’ve taken my EV on. So far so good, one state away from home and charging up before heading to our destination (Central Oregon). Not a super fun sober travel, but it still is one. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

How much does it cost to charge your ev? How long does it take??

1 Like

It costs between .40 to .48 a KWh, the battery is a 92KWh capacity. The most I paid was $25.

The speed of the chargers vary. I would say an hour to two hours.

Not the greatest for road trips, but if you’re not in a hurry and plan it right, it could work. We went from Seattle to Central Oregon, only stopping once to juice up along rhe way. To be honest, we coild have made it without stopping, but I didn’t want to risk it.

Charging at home costs .11 a KWh, but takes about 2.5 days to fully charge. Not a big deal as I work from home so my daily driving is very limited.

5 Likes

Very interesting thanks for the lived knowledge. I’ve always wondered! I hope you got home safely

2 Likes

Mudflats at low tide, Ogunquit, Maine

Sunrise over the Gulf of Maine

16 Likes

Love your pics. Childhood memories of the folks driving us up there from Lowell MA 50 years ago :scream:

If my memory serves me right isn’t it a rocky beach and the tide and rocks pelt your legs and it hurt like heck as a kid. Not to mention how cold it was.

Spent many summers in Maine. South China on China Lake.
:pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

There is a sandy stretch down here. I ran along it this morning, took off my shoes and splashed along - it was COLD! But I’ve been swimming at Old Orchard Beach in August before and could only do about 10 minutes there. It’s never warm in this part of the Atlantic!

Here’s one from the Marginal Way, all big rocks along there.

12 Likes

Central Cali Coast! @Milele @Conor689908

18 Likes

Love these happy faces :heartpulse: Good to see you all!

4 Likes

Yosemite and San Francisco with @Milele and @Conor689908
What a great week!!

18 Likes

I’m so glad you shared, Becky! These pics are great. I love it.

3 Likes

Looks like a lot of fun. You all will need a vacation from your vacation.
Thanks for sharing pics of your great time together.

5 Likes

It’s been a fabulous week :heart: so happy to share!!
Yes! @Lisa07 I think so too lol They have a long trip to return home :grimacing:

3 Likes