Triggers and other motivators

I’m back to fighting the good fight after a few months of relapse. I was wondering what triggers others have when it comes to getting drunk or high.

1 Like

For me, anything was a reason to drink. Good day at work…celebrate with a drink. Bad day at work…decompress with a drink. Bored, drink. Worked hard, drink…ect. ect. Ect.

To stay sober, i had to relearn how to live. I had to realize that drinking simply wasn’t an option.

1 Like

Also trying to come out of a relapse. My current triggers are the afternoon, seeing anyone with a glass of wine, and having to wait for someone or something by myself.

What are yours, @Sushidingo?

Day ends in Y was my biggest trigger.

Not wanting to be remembered as ‘my drunken grandmother’ from my beloved grandson is a huge motivator for me. I cringe when I remember blasting music and dancing around with my infant grandson.

Wanting to save my marriage was also a huge motivator.

But my biggest motivation was wanting to live. I was so suicidal and depressed, fill with self loathing, shame, embarrassment and fear if I could get sober.

Keep fighting the good fight @Sushidingo!! :heart::heart:

I have a lot of them. Work, music, the fact that the world we live in is so fucked up and nobody does anything about it, people, people, people. I drink to forget i cannot stand humans lol.

1 Like

Trigger - Waking up everyday with hours in the day to get as wasted as possible.

Motivator - Going to bed every night sober and knowing I’ve used them hours wisely.

4 Likes

At one point anything and everything I could use as a excuse was a trigger now it’s about maintaing basic human needs self-care and love and looking after my emotional and spiritual needs ,sharing my journey of the good and not so good it’s as hard or as simple as you wanna make it.xx

1 Like