Truth and tough love

Hey look! I just received the Admired Badge. Yea me! I’m admired. Thank you everyone for admiring me. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

@KevinesKay :joy::rofl: who knew!

How’s everyone’s ego today?

5 Likes

Mine is large and fragile, as usual. :joy::upside_down_face: How’s yours?

6 Likes

Lurking somewhere most likely. Sulking that I didn’t let him go off on some poor state worker today.

1 Like

@DowntroddenGoat covered me pretty well this morning.

9 Likes

Mine is in check.

@Meggers Megan, I’ve gotten to the point where I dont think Regulsr status is quite worth the effort. If I happen to qualify, then cool. If not, no biggie.

2 Likes

I’m pretty regular, something my man @dot.dot.dot would appreciate

7 Likes

Three cheers for regularity!

2 Likes

What are you prepared to do to get and stay sober?

Right now. Based on past experience and future hopes, I can honestly say I don’t know :confused:

Hey Blossom. Good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing. From what I hear though, you shared that you just got wasted and concerned that you might still be under the influence.

Did I understand that correctly?

If so, perhaps we can get your post moved to a more appropriate place on the forum.

1 Like

When the answer becomes “whatever it takes” you’ll get to where you want to be.

I’m 550+ days sober thanks to doing whatever it takes. AA, IOP, individual therapy and couples therapy. If it was suggested, I did it.

Life is 1000s of times better sober in my experience, anything worth having is worth working for.

6 Likes

Yes I would say that I’m definitely under the influence, sorry for putting a post here.

I feel this battle often, I guess I just don’t have the courage to come on when sober-- but I’m going to make that change!

2 Likes

Ok thanks, calling the moderators

@SassyRocks
@C-sun
@Steve92
@NewPerspective

Yeah, i hear you.
Coming on when you’re sober would be a great change. Here’s to day 1!

3 Likes

We’re not so bad when you’re sober, we don’t bite. Come back when you’re sober and let’s make a run at it together.

Until then it’s best to post in the “seeking help” subsection

4 Likes

For me, it’s about an extra level of privacy. I’m concerned with access to the Lounge, not the status. If I need to say something that I fear would turn newcomers off from sobriety or seeking help then I would like a safe place to say it. Or, if I need to say something about work or about particular people in the real world, or family, I’d like to be able to write it out in a place where it won’t be stumbled upon on the open internet.

5 Likes

I’m no newcomer. Been on this site for years (and been sober for years). It was surprising and disappointing when I realized I had been dropped from regular status. I know what activity level is required to maintain it but I don’t really see why that is required. Anytime you create a “select” or specialized community that only some can have access to, it is unpleasant to be kept out. I could “like” every post and post meaningless stuff daily but it wouldn’t contribute to the community.

8 Likes

9 Likes