Try , try again

So I’m currently two whole days sober and starting over for the …hell who knows I’ve pretty much lost count. But with that being said I’ve struggled with alcoholism for several years now, I refuse to give up. This last time going back out was a huge wake up call. I’ve been detoxing and going through the really hard parts the last couple of days. Trouble sleeping , eating, getting out of my head that’s full of guilt and shame not to mention the anxiety and fear of the blackout moments. But I’m slowly starting to feel like myself again and I’m so grateful. Just glad I’ve found a place to talk about it and I’ve really enjoyed reading the comments and help that people are giving it’s great to have this support right now in these crazy times in the world. Thank you, sending love to you all.

6 Likes

Welcome Jamie and congrats on your 2 days!!! Lots to read on here to keep your mind busy and learn from. Keep at it!!

1 Like

Welcome Jamie and good job on the 2 days sober. Keep reading and asking for help. Try reading the AA Big Book. You can read it for free on their website @ aa.org lots of other stuff to read there too. All of it is helpful in keeping is sober and somewhat sane. There are people from all over the world on this site so someone is always here to help.

1 Like

Welcome Jamie. You never have to go thru detox again. Stick around here with us and we’ll help you. This shit ain’t easy.

1 Like

Welcome Jamie[quote=“Jamie19, post:1, topic:85632”]
I refuse to give up.
[/quote]

This is a great attitude! I’m proud of you!

1 Like

Hi and welcome here Jamie, I hope to see you around here often. It really helps to be here much. I’m addicted to alcohol and 559 days sober, I’m here almost every day. It helps me to stay focussed.
Hang in there and ask for help if you need it!

1 Like