Trying again for the hundredth time

Day one here we come

Feel awful again today after a heavy drinking session yesterday i really need to stop

6 Likes

Welcome back, Steve. Glad you found your way back here.

Something that really determines failure or success, is the determination to try again. It’s the first step in getting and staying sober. As long as you have the desire to quit for good, you aren’t defeated.

3 Likes

Hi Steve. Glad you’re back here. I remember feeling so miserable on my day zero. What are you doing to make the hundredth time your last time doing this? You need a plan! Meeting tonight?

2 Likes

Sorry you’re feeling awful. Try reading more and talking to us here. Do you do anything else to help yourself to stay sober?
It’s hard at the beginning with urges but it’s worth the fight.

2 Likes

We have all been there, we stand and we fall. But eventually we realize that by any lengths necessary we can maintain our sobriety.
Keep coming back, it works.

2 Likes

Welcome back, gotta start somewhere and this is a great place.

1 Like

Willpower can move mountains :wink: Think consciously and proactively about your life, and try hard enough and you WILL grow and shine! :muscle::pray:

1 Like

Welcome back! One day at a time…and if it gets bad…one minute at a time, my friend.

1 Like

Day one completed!!!

4 Likes

Hey Steve, trying again for the hundredth time is better than not trying at all. I wish you the best of luck and keep checking in with us. Stay strong my friend!

1 Like

Welcome back, don’t focus on how many times you have tried just give yourself credit for trying at all… try holding onto this feeling and the next time you think you want a drink remember how awful you felt when you wer in the midst of this hangover… try writing down your feelings… everything bad that alcohol does to you… and read it over and over to help retain the negative effect it has on your life…
hope you are starting to feel better…

Hey @Slims180. First off great job just reaching out in general, keep doing that. For me having support was my biggest recovery tool. Second, within the many, many threads to be part of there are also resources outside of this forum. I mention this too, because a few of them pretty much altered my life for the better.

Resources for our recovery

Keep in mind how your feeling… For some writing it down is helpful, and going back after a week and seeing what you wrote… mind blowing. Seeing what you write overtime… even more amazing. Hopefully you can also find daily things about yourself that you find amazing and that you can see gratitude in.

Beyond any withdrawal symptoms…so much of this is changing you perceptions, in what ever way works best for you. Welcome Steve.