Trying hard, to fight this addiction

I am 4 days sober today. It hasnt been easy in anyway. My health; kids, family and friends relationships, fiance, mental health, motivation to start my life from scratch. Due to my alcoholism I lost many friendships, family support, my great job, and new car. I want to live I want to stay sober. I’m fighting as much as I can. I’m waiting for the day when it starts to get easier.

19 Likes

Welcome to sobriety.
One day at a time
Times can be hard.
In my experience, the journey is a slow start. All the regret comes forward and will be intrusive

Have hope. It won’t last long then the journey begins.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Congratulations on your 4 days!! It takes some time, but it does get easier. Keep taking it one day at a time. You just need to get thru today.

1 Like

Thank you, your absolutely right!

1 Like

Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:. It does start to get easier. Many of us here can testify to that. It starts feeling less like a total uphill slog, to a regular walk, with just occasionally challenging bushy or slippy parts.

Embrace the suck Lexx. We are in a battle for our lives. It is not going to be easy

1 Like

Hey @Lexx , you’re doing great, all we can do is be sober one day at a time, and you’re doing it!

It does get easier, I promise that.

I feel the faster we learn to cope with boredom and loneliness and learn to fill our time, hands, and mind with postive and constructive activities, the faster it becomes easier for us.

Hang in there, it gets better!

1 Like

Good job on 4 days . Take deep breaths and just take life 1 day at a time if you gotta break it down some days to a second or minutes at a time to get through another day . I like what was said embrace the suck lol you got this and addition sucks !! Were all in this committee together to help each other out welcome by the way .i hope things get better and it may take some time … just think just for today your doing this for yourself!!

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Lexx
Lots of lovely people and great discussions to read through! Hope to see you around on here :blush:
:heart::v:

1 Like

4 days for me too. Good for you. Are you going to meetings/do you have sober suppport? Sending you strength.

1 Like

I have been going to meetings online through the in the rooms app. I am going to start going to in person ones as well. I’m also in iop three times a week for three hours. It helps a little

3 Likes

sounds good Lex Good Job i hope things are getting alil better for you

1 Like

Same here. I am 4 days sober and struggling

It’s definitely not easy at all. But we can help each other get through the hard times.

1 Like

I made a new years resolution to stop. But i messed up and drank so much that i became horribly sick which is what happens very often because once i start i cannot stop until i either pass out or become incredibly sick. I am a petite person who drinks a pint or more of spirits at once. Then as soon as I manage to recover which takes two whole days, i start the whole thing again. Most people don’t mind much since as they put it, i do not have a mean bone in my body. I do often cry, though. I want so bad to stop. But all i cannot stop wanting the stuff. Disabled, so cannot attend aaa but thought this community might be inspirational…

Take it easy…try to pause and look for inspiration in meetings and self help videos on YouTube…learn about spiritual…it’s different from religion but similar…loudermilk on Netflix is funny…learn to be alone…you won’t connect with any aa guys right away but if you want what they have, reach out…they have all been in your shoes and a lot of them worse off…only you know what works for you but try to find a balance of work, meetings and self help…I’d say therapy but I’ve been to two and nothing has clicked yet…but I’m still early on so hoping we can get to the real issues soon…

I started first with my driving…I’m a great driver, it’s everyone else’s fault lol…I try to stop at stop signs, not honk at people (although I did that today lol) and please laugh…laughing helps get thru the bullshit

1 Like

Finally someone who gets me