Trying sinclair method - Naltrexone

Hi @anon13078412, i guess my logic is this. Aside from what i read, personally i am one of the best quiters in the world. Quit so many times and relapses…often worst than before. I was thinking why- its mind boggling that i knew i need to quit but somehow, something inside, just doesnt follow this very simple logic that ‘just stop bloody drinking period’. Often its the first drink, then drink gets more drinks and then its back. Maybe like they say only 5% of our usage of the brain is conscious, whereas 95% is the big elephant which is subconscious…like controlling your emotion when in an argument for example.

I was a hard core smoker…tried all methods…willpower, nicotine patches …nothing works. Then i tried the pills from GSK Guoman i believe…like naltroxene…which makes each puff so unpleasant, i started throwing away each half litted ciggies…can smoke after 1 week…its more than a year now i am.off smoking…after 20 years.

Was hoping this works the same way. Anyway its week 2 now…so far so good.

This is so interesting. Thanks for sharing!!!

@Dublosix88 sorry, it wasn’t you that I was posing the question to. I really havn’t read enough of your posts to ask your anything like that and I want trying to judge donut either, was just trying to understand. I will read your posts fully now though :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Having now read your reply post it makes perfect sense to me why you would like to try this, it was just that knowing a little of Donuts necktie I couldn’t get my head round why she wanted to try this.
I’m sorry that it appeared as though I was responding to you.
Please keep us posted on how it goes :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Please update us on your progress, I am curious about this method now. Thanks and good luck👍

Its day 18th. I have only used naltrexone once and went on a vacation the past few days, spouse was drinking but i guess the alcohol is out of me and i could still remember the nausea from the last drinking with naltrexone, so i didnt touch a drop. So far so good. Btw, i carry a tablet in my wallet for those emergencies…lol

1 Like

Very cool. I’m really happy this is working for you. Definitely keep that tablet with you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have been taking Naltrexone since rehab 10/18, then added Wellbutrin a couple of months ago, the combo helps reduce cravings for alcohol and food both. Works very well IF I remember/don’t purposely “forget” to take them. Did discover that drinking even one drink while on Wellbutrin makes me painfully ill, which is actually a good thing. Amazing how I feel so good when sober and taking all my meds and vitamins, but a bad 5 mins that I milk all day will have me thinking that drinking will relieve all my pain, when I KNOW that just the opposite is true!

Just an update. Been day 22 now. Two days ago intentionally ( yes really lol) took a table of naltrexone and had a beer. First beers was still ok…then by the second one…mmp…its a strange feeling, very subtle byr somehow its not fun…didbt had the nausea feeling like my first naltrexone tablet on wine but it wasnt pleasant
.or unpleasant…it was just meh…two beers…paid the tab and went home. In the past it would be impossible to have 2 beers, not followed by another dozen!

3 Likes

Checking in on Sinclair method.

2 Likes

Good for you, you’re killin it! :grin: 90 is a big milestone, and you got this! Keep checking in:)

I’m confused. Are you 30 days sober or 30 days on the Sinclair method? 8 days ago you posted that you had drank so that’s why I’m confused?

Sorry for the confusing. Yes i took the pill and had some wine…but it was so unpleasant, i stopped after a bit and went home, totally sober which has never happened. That was on purpose for me to try out the effect. All in all, i am proud to say 30 days sober…29 days totally dry, 1 day testing the pilll and hated the feeling of alcohol while on it…

1 Like