Trying sobriety for real

I’ve been thinking I gotta quit for a long time…finally trying to make a plan and stick to it. I am excited and scared :joy:

16 Likes

Welcome Fern! Glad you are here. I think you’ll find good company here. I know I have. TS has been immensely helpful in my journey. Have a good read around and see what resonates for you. Wishing you all the best!

5 Likes

Welcome. Every single person here has been exactly where you are now. Some of us recently, others on here it was a while ago, so there is lots of help and knowledge available to us

4 Likes

Hi, welcome! It’s lovely to meet you. This place is amazing, it’s my only sober support and I come here every day. I wish you all the best on your journey. Be gentle with yourself :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you thank you :smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you!!! :pray:

Awesome thank you :blush:

Welcome. :smiley:

“If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it might be a good thing to try.” - Unknown

2 Likes

Welcome.

Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Fern. You’ve come to a good place! Good luck to you. ODAAT!!!

1 Like

Hi
Sobriety is an amazing gift you can give to yourself. It takes planning and learning and practice and support. Learn all you can about it and what works for people.

I came to this forum almost 2 and 1/2 years ago and never looked back. I read a ton of material on addiction and sobriety and brain health. My husband and I live well now without alcohol. My siblings are on the path behind me and we are all so pleased to have made the decision to take control of our lives and kick alcohol out!

I abused alcohol for about 30 years. I have been fortunate to escape without physical injury or legal consequences. But I have paid and my family has paid the price of my use.

Once you learn how to take care of yourself without substance use, you can feel better and do better in the world.

In these first days and weeks, be very careful with your precious sobriety while you learn to live without booze. Make the decision to take best care of yourself and recover. There are lots of tips and strategies and ways to get support. Ask for help, ask for strategies for sleep and work and socializing. Someone here has been thru what you may be facing. We are here to help.

I wish you the best!

1 Like

Thanks so much :smiling_face::pray::heart: