Trying to find Lord to hang on him

I am clean 45 days . Now that I am clean I don’t know how to build my new life after burning most of Bridges behind me . I am going to na meetings . It’s help full .they say find god . He would give me courage .so help me God .

4 Likes

Read His word as often as U can!

3 Likes

What worked for me is I just started talking to Him one day. Nobody ever really taught me how to pray so I just faked it. I folded my hands and closed my eyes and started talking. I talked about my problems and asked for strength. And all the while, He listened:)

8 Likes

AMEN And congrats on 45days .

Great work. This is a selection of some of my favorite scriptures:

1. Necessary action - Luke 10:42
  2. Love God -Mark 12:30
  3. Love Myself - Mathew 22:39
  4. Love Others - John 13:34
  5. Forgive Quickly - Mathew 6:15
  6. Trust Vision - Habbakuk 2:3
  7. Submit Plans - Proverbs 16:3
  8. Make Ground - Proverbs 4:25-27
  9. Be Zealous - Romans 12:11
  10. Consult God - James 1:5
  11. Be Responsible - Galatians 6:4-5
  12. Be Humble - Ecclesiastes 7:16
  13. Quietly Confident - Isiah 30:15

Talk to Him privately and from the heart, like you would a dear friend. Yours words don’t need to be perfect, and neither do you. He knows your heart. Ask Him want you want, work hard and be patient.

Wishing you all the best on your journey.

4 Likes

Find your inner moral compass, listen to it and ask it questions and it will point you in the right direction. We all know the difference between right and wrong, focus on that and your moral compass will start pointing in the right direction and this will help you find that connection you need.

2 Likes

I say this every morning and often throughout the day to connect with and channel my higher power. I use the word God as an agnostic and don’t follow any particular faith.

“I place my trust in you oh God, to help and guide me to stay sober, overcome my fears, release my resentments, my anxieties and all of my self seeking dishonest thoughts, help me to become a better person and be of service to others as best I can and to make the right decisions”

3 Likes

Thanks. Now I wish I have done it long time ago.
Old saying say whenever you catch fish is fresh .

1 Like

It’s good idea I would try it .thanks