Trying to get Sober.....Again

Hi there I’m new to this kinda thing.
Anyway I need to get Sober before I lose everything I love. My Wife, my children, my life.
Last night I went out for “a couple”
14 pints later and countless missed calls from my wife I finally go home.
I need help. I’ve used other formats but nothing has stopped me. I don’t want to hit rock bottom.

This has to stop.

6 Likes

Then see this as your rock bottom and work your way up to it :arrow_up:
You are the only person who can turn it around.
Glad you found this app, there’s plenty information to find here. Just use the :mag: above to find all the treads you need!
I would advice: read, read and read! Learn about your addiction and how to beat it.
Because you can! :facepunch:

3 Likes

I think I will try a meeting. Been to a lot of counselling sessions over the years trying to address my depression. Thanks for the advice :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this awesome comment.
I’m going to do this :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great! Hope to see you around a lot because it really helps to be here much! 405 days sober myself and I’m here every day since my day one.

4 Likes

Wow that’s absolutely amazing! Well done :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you :hugs: You can be there too some day, that’s why I mentioned it :facepunch:

1 Like

Are you in the UK Marc :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes I’m in the UK :blush:

1 Like

I thought so with you saying pints. Welcome to the gang. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m with you on this. A baby shower yesterday turned in to an alcohol fuled night. I’m also at risk of losing my family too lf I keep this up. Tomorrow is my official first day sober good luck and see you around here.

5 Likes

Welcome Mark I’m from Northern Ireland. You’ll find so much support and strength on here , just keep checking in and sharing when you want to :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you very much😊

Good luck to you too! I’ve had countless warnings. Hopefully I can turn things around

1 Like

Aww thanks for the support! Its really opened my eyes to see so many people going through similar problems. I’ll keep checking in for sure :blush:

2 Likes

Howdy maybe try a meeting they will help you meet new friends who have been were you have

2 Likes