Trying to kick methadone

Hey all, been on methadone for three and a half years after using it to wean off pills/fent. Just making three days and I can feel it, just trying to stay strong and figured I’d try the community out. Thanks for the support. It’s my first time on the app, be gentle :grin:

5 Likes

You do any tapering? I’ve always heard that the withdrawals from methadone are just about as bad.

Welcome to forum, hope to see you active in the community, stay cool down there

2 Likes

Hey man thanks for the reply, Ive been tapering for a year or so, got down to 2.5. so far just a craving for it

1 Like

No way around it, gonna have cravings and withdrawals. Stay determined, I know a bunch of guys who walked through that fire, I know you can too.

4 Likes

Hey Pete, glad you’re here and trying to get thru this. And to be totally free of this addiction. I’ve personally never been on methadone but I know a few who’ve been on it for years and are to the point where they’re done with it but dont know what to do. Tapering i believe is the best option, where eventually the actual withdrawals happen, but wont be as bad as they could be. I’ve been on Suboxone, luckily for a short time, and even those had some bad withdrawals. But to get past this will make you stronger. Remember these, only few days, bc you wont have to experience them ever again. All the best moving forward my friend :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks both of you for your kind words. I know this is one I’m going to have to deal with solo when it comes down to it but having people to talk to can only help. I have a small support system at home, well my wife, but need to make sure I stay busy and keep occupied.

3 Likes

Welcome and hang in there. I’ve been there with heroin. Push through. Someone’s always on this forum if you need to talk or just can’t sleep. Stay hydrated. :facepunch:

3 Likes

Thanks man, trying hard to stay right. Gonna go get a Gatorade now and keep hydrated.

Hey all, fifteen days today thankfully. It’s been a rough ride but it seems like I’m slowly getting better and not thinking about it so much. Drinking a ton of fluids and can’t sleep still but it’s coming along. Thank you for the kind words.

3 Likes

Excellent job, Pete!

2 Likes

Thank you, it’s been a long two weeks.

2 Likes

Nice !!! Sleep will come…