Trying to quit after so many failed attempts

New to the app and running out of options, quitting alone has been a losing battle for so many years, lost count or I dont want to admit how long it’s been trying to quit drinking

6 Likes

I’m here for you. I am new too, my story sounds similar to yours with the try try try again. Knowing you have the desire and the want, just trying to find that one piece that keeps it going. I can’t offer any tips just support at the moment

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s hard to keep hopeful after endless relapses… Just don’t forget that you deserve the best life you can have and that that starts with sobriety. It is worth the efforts and the struggles, even though sometimes it seems like it’ll never end.

To quote the immortal words of Commander Taggart,

"Never give up. Never surrender. "

4 Likes

I know that line! Ha! But never give up never surrender always turns to, better luck next time.
I do think being able to connect with some one this way, I will be reminded that maybe it is possible to get better.

2 Likes

Thanks for reaching out. I’ve never experienced anything like this. I hope at some point I can be of help to you too!:v:

1 Like

If at first we dont succeed, try again. Took me over 25 years of drinking and drugging for me to finally land a good little bit of sobriety and find something that works for me. Its different for everyone some people can just get out while they’re still ahead, so many others perish or fight it forever walking the line to the bitter end. Sobriety and recovery takes alot of work, me personally its not just something i wished for alot of hard knocks and hard lessons that are priceless now when i look back. Maybe you can try some treatment or 12step programs if you willing to try something different? Wish you well in your recovery.:pray:

3 Likes

I hear you. I am 12 days in this time. I am right there with you. This forum is a great resource along with meetings and some form of sponsor / support

3 Likes