Trying to stop smooooking! Anyone out there?

Hello everybody, I’m here to stooooop smoking!
I often feel out of breath, tired, too tired for my young 24 years! I’m here because I want my desire to live energetically and with strength and willpower to be stronger and kick ass to my stupid need of cigarettes which do not allow me to runs enough, do as much sport as I’d like, be strong and healthy and feeding off healthy energies! I think your support.will be crucial.guys, and I’m here for y’all we’re all on the same .boat!!!:))

3 Likes

I used to smoke, for a long time, 28 years. Started when I was 12, quit over 2 months ago.

For a long time, I thought smoking was my choice, but I realized I was wrong. Smoking ruled my life, I was under complete control of nicotine. It dictated where I went and what I did. That made me mad as hell. So one day, I quit.

It was hard, but I refuse to let something as destructive as cigarettes rule over me.

Get mad, quit today!!

Good luck, you can do it!

4 Likes

I am with you. I use chewing tobacco (called «snus» in norwegian) It is a patch of toboacco you place under your top lip to replace cigarettes. Saves your lungs, kills your gums. I cannot smoke, I am ashtmatic. Now that I am trying to cut drinking the tobacco is the very thing that keeps me floating. I do want to quit tobacco after the alcohol. Hang in there! :heart: We are right here with you!

Yes! Thank you !! Stay strong don’t drink, drinking is all wasted energy (and liver) same as smoking !!!
Hugs x

2 Likes

Exactly; I feel like half the times that I smoked I don’t even really want to or enjoy it that much …know what I mean?? Thank youuuu !!

1 Like

Our quitting of cigarettes thread this is a recent and awesome thread with much experience and tips to share! :+1:

3 Likes

I quit in 2012 using nicorette mini lozenges. Tried cold turkey, the patch and the gum. The minis worked best for me. Good luck! :+1:

When I read how nearly every addict smokes, and that one contributor to relapse is that one triggers the other, and that there is a better success rate for sobriety if both smoking and drinking are treated/quit concurrently, I quit smoking cold turkey. I want sobriety so bad I just did it. And it keeps me from even craving a smoke. It’s crazy, but I don’t want to do anything that will get in the way of me staying sober. Period.

3 Likes

Good advice. That’s exactly what I’m doing! Quit everything all at once, I think that’s the best way.

2 Likes

Hello,
I am also here to quit smoking. I replaced my addiction from alcohol to cigarettes. I thought I could quit when I wanted to. I made a terrible mistake and now I am here. I haven’t been smoking for a day and half but it’s very hard. I quit smoking for three years when I was younger because I was worried for my health. I felt out of breath too so I managed to quit… until the fucking day of last year when I smoked one cigarette. Now, in spite of my willing to quit, every day I restart smoking and it’s so humiliating! I wish this time we both manage to quit! P.s.: I’m 24 too!

1 Like

Try nicorete mini lozenges. They helped me quit smoking. Stick to the program that they give you, don’t try and wing it.

Hey! I smoked from when I was 12 years old to when I got pregnant with my son (23) and then started again afterwards until he was 3… I get addicted easily to various things and cigarettes carry less stigma (but they are still totally deadly). So after trying every patch, pill, gum, meditation, etc. I began to vape. Now I did it to deprive myself so I bought the cheapest piece of crap e-cig possible and then got high to low nicotine cartridges. I started high and worked to low. I literally forgot to smoke because it was so unsatisfactory over time. But you have to commit to absolutely no regular cigarettes. Like done for life on a regular cigarettes.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what I did. I’m still gaping with my piece o crap vaper. At 80ish days I’m at lower nicotine and I use it a lot less:)

1 Like